Are We There Yet?

EzineArticles expert Volodymyr Zablotskyy blogged about his EzineArticles experience: EzineArticles- How Soon Can You See Results

Volodymyr is right that Platinum level authors get much faster approval times as we’re backed up 2 weeks on Basic-level membership submissions. He’s also right that he doesn’t have enough data yet to pass judgement on how effective article submission with EzineArticles.com can be. Some expert authors have told us that 25 articles is where the traffic party begins but I think it’s closer to 100-250 articles before you have enough data to judge effectively how the strategy is working or not working for your business.

I have to be honest with you… I don’t have very many articles, but my traffic to my site DOUBLED with only four articles posted here. Of course, I wasn’t getting a lot of traffic to begin with, and my services with this one site are very specific only to certain types of writers, but still, doubling after four articles is pretty durn good. EzineArticles is the biggest referral source on my site, directly from the EzineArticles site, but I have had my articles picked up by several other places too.

I simply couldn’t be more pleased… so if it really picks up when you get 20, 30, 50, or 100 articles, it’s really going to rock for me! Guess I need to get to writin’ huh?

Comment provided November 30, 2006 at 7:45 AM

Since embarking on an article writing/submission campaign in May this year to coincide with the launch of my personal site, I have witnessed traffic increases which have coincided exactly with the number of articles submitted.

In fact, as I approach one hundred submissions, Google Analytics tells me that thirty per cent of my traffic is arriving via Ezine.

I have absolutely no doubts whatsoever of the value article submission provides – but with one caveat, I do not believe I would achieve the same return on my investment from any other site.

Comment provided November 30, 2006 at 8:00 AM

Nice!

It’s very satisfying to hear that EzineArticles is a top referring traffic provider or at least one of the top referral providers for many of our authors.

This is by design and one of the outcomes we had for our site and business model because we know if we send you highly qualified traffic, you’ll continue to submit quality original articles to us and tell your friends to as well. :-)

Comment provided November 30, 2006 at 8:12 AM

Peter Cutforth writes:

I think a lot depends on certain aspects of the article itself. Of course most important is the title itself and how much it draws attention.

Many people don’t realise that it’s quite easy to get an article submitted to EzineArticles ranked on the first page of Google or MSN, if you choose the right keyword phrase with low enough competition and optimise the article for that.

I have an article optimised for the phrase: “Celebrity Hairstyles of 2006” which was published on the 17th November and today being the 30th its been number 1 in MSN for that phrase for over a week, and I think about 7 or so in Google now. It’s had 1250 views in just 2 weeks!

Comment provided November 30, 2006 at 12:27 PM

Thanks Chris! It realy makes a difference when you get noticed by a “giant”. I whish I can show you my weblog. Abour 50+ came to my sites because of this post.

Comment provided November 30, 2006 at 3:26 PM

Well I can tell you that as you approach 1000 articles you find yourself in a “Metro Peak Traffic” situation. And as you approach 2500 you get into a traffic jam and as you hit 5000 it is a constant traffic jam and when you hit 10,000 you need to think about how to turn it off or rather get multiple websites to send all the traffic too.

Nevertheless I noticed a really huge bump at about 100 and then another at 250. After that it is all sky baby!!!

Comment provided December 1, 2006 at 6:31 AM