Add EzineArticles Search To Your Browser

This has got to be the COOLEST functionality that we added in a long time:

You can now search EzineArticles.com WITHOUT having to visit our site first and you can do this from the comfort of your browser search box (works best with FireFox 2/newer or IE7).

[CLICK HERE FOR A QUICK TUTORIAL ON HOW TO SET IT UP]

Essentially, EzineArticles.com is now a “Specialty Search Provider” and you can search for content from your browser to speed up your ability to find what you’re looking for…FAST! Cool, eh?

Matt Trostle writes:

This is a cool feature Chris! I often search through this site not only to search for content, but for creative inspiration when I’m writing my own content and articles.

Thanks!

Comment provided November 30, 2006 at 11:19 AM

Shannon Moore writes:

Ooh very cool — great idea! I’m looking forward to trying this out.

Comment provided November 30, 2006 at 11:22 AM

Douglas Hanna writes:

I would like this a lot more if it worked with Firefox. Remember, there are a lot of us out here that use “the other browser.”

Comment provided November 30, 2006 at 11:25 AM

Douglas,

But it does work with FIREFOX! :-)

In fact, it worked for me on FireFox v1.5 and I’ve seen it work for 5 other folks on FireFox v2 (which I’ve been slow to upgrade to for lack of time reasons only).

Comment provided November 30, 2006 at 11:36 AM

phillip skinner writes:

Lots of like-minded people must have thought of this “it was best of a days work coming across EzineArticles.com” Yes yet another excellent benefit for just tuning in! to EzineArticles Thanks Christopher and crew..

All my best to you and yours
Phillip Skinner

Comment provided November 30, 2006 at 11:39 AM

Matt Trostle writes:

Douglas,

It works fine on Firefox 2.0.

Comment provided November 30, 2006 at 11:51 AM

Jen Blackert writes:

Chris,

You keep amazing me! I think this is great! Thank you!

And thanks for the mug!

Jen

Comment provided November 30, 2006 at 2:05 PM

Audrey Okaneko writes:

Am I the only one not “getting it”? I followed the directions, and did indeed install EzineArticles. However I am not clear on how to use this without having to come to this site first?

For those of us who are in the dark, can someone explain how to use this new search function?

Thanks,

Audrey :)

Comment provided November 30, 2006 at 5:32 PM

Tel Asiado writes:

It’s COOL Chris!
As ever, you’re full of surprizes.
Many thanks to you and your team.

Best wishes,

Tel

p.s. When will EzineArticles mug reach Sydney?

Comment provided November 30, 2006 at 9:34 PM

William Keyser writes:

Sounds great to me, Chris. I was going to make the Firefox comment, till I read the others, but how do I put it on to Firefox? If I use the IE ‘Add Search Provider’ in your newsletter, will it put it on Firefox automatically? best Will

Comment provided December 1, 2006 at 10:08 AM

William,

Just follow the FireFox instructions:

All,

We’re working on a short video on how to make this work… Will post when done.

Comment provided December 1, 2006 at 11:02 AM

Tel Asiado writes:

Hi Chris,

I followed the instructions many times but the ‘add eZine’ button won’t respond. I tried both the button and the link at the bottom.

I’m on IE version 7, I tried both with javascript enable and disable. In fact my Window just hangs so I have to close it altogether.

Best regards,
Tel

Comment provided December 1, 2006 at 4:24 PM

All,

We’ve made a radical change to the output results of this new search service from your browser search box tool… but the only way to get the update is to DELETE EzineArticles from your browser search box and re-add it back the same way you did it the first time.

Thanks to Golfer Mike for sending us a private comment about how he thought our search results sucked as it motivated us to make a change to show search results that match the keyword in the article TITLE instead of the body.

Comment provided December 2, 2006 at 2:23 PM

William Keyser writes:

Great Chris, it works fine!

Will

Comment provided December 5, 2006 at 5:37 AM

phillip skinner writes:

Hi like-minded reader n poster … is it just me or does every-one check out stuff such as this … (powerful I suppose if you think about it!!) …lol

All my very best to you and yours
Phillip Skinner

Comment provided December 5, 2006 at 12:30 PM

Dan Hatcher writes:

I’m so glad to have come across this. I been searching articles the hard way for so long!

Comment provided December 29, 2007 at 12:00 PM

We’ve updated the training page for how to set this feature up as we now support FireFox v3. :-)

Have I upgraded to FF3 myself yet? Yes on my non-critical PC’s, but heck no on my main business PC.

Comment provided July 8, 2008 at 10:28 AM