Todd Straight Interviews Chris Knight

From the virtual “Chris Knight Interview” tour bus, today I have a new interview to share with you from article writing & marketing questions asked by Todd Strait of WM8C.com, an amateur (ham) radio website and more. Read Part 1 and then Read Part 2

Off Topic Trivia: Growing up as a teen, I always wanted to be a ham radio operator, have my own little radio shack (with postcards from all over the world from long distance CQ DX connections made) and monster antenna tower so that I could reach out and learn from people all over the world with shortwave bands. Didn’t have much interest in the 2 meter FM stuff most of the local Hams here in town use… but guess which major shift or technology completely displaced my interest in being a ham radio operator?

If you guessed the INTERNET, you win.

Mostly I played with 10 and 11 meters and had a 10 watt Galaxy rig & Penetrator brand antenna for trying to make radio connections with people in different parts of the planet. The oddest thing I ever experienced was in the early 1990’s when my FM radio picked up an FM radio station in Duluth Minnesota… some 600 mile distance that shouldn’t have been possible until I looked it up and learned that I experienced what’s known as Sporadic-E (also known as E-skip or the phenomenon of a scattering of FM frequencies in a single or multi-hop bounce off the ionosphere).

Anyway, check out the new interview with my answers to Todd’s article writing & marketing questions.

Ruth writes:

Too bad these interviews are not audio also :)
With so much to read lately, I love anything that is audio.

However, I shall make the time to read it; it sounds interesting.

Comment provided October 3, 2006 at 1:07 PM

Vlad writes:

What a great interview. As a newbie I will certainly benefit from tips offered by Chris. I have submitted only 3 articles to EzineArticles, and was not sure whether or not I am good enough of a writer for other people to syndicate my content. To my surprise few publishers have already picked up my articles and this interview certainly gives me more assurance. Thanks Chris.

Comment provided October 3, 2006 at 1:25 PM

Adam writes:

It is a fact that copywrighting will occur. I consider it to be a form of flattery when someone copies my writing. Although it is always better if they give you credit for what you have written.

Comment provided October 3, 2006 at 1:55 PM

Lisa writes:

Well done, as usual, Chris. There’s a reason why I now publish exclusively through EzineArticles (except, of course, for my own sites) and this interview demonstrates that nicely.

(And I’m NEVER flattered when someone steals my content.)

Comment provided October 3, 2006 at 2:29 PM

Rajesh writes:

Hi,

Nice set of questions & answers that gave me (a new entrant) a lot of useful information about article writing.

thanks

Rajesh

Comment provided October 3, 2006 at 2:46 PM

Priya Shah writes:

I loved your tips so much, I forwarded them to my bloggers. :-) You’ve explained very well how articles can boost branding and traffic for anyone, not just marketers.

And as for the duplicate article issue, I agree that you should only syndicate a percentage of your content and keep the original content for your own site.

As I like to put it, article marketing is like leaving a trail of scraps (your articles) that leads the ants (your audience) to the larder (your site).

Comment provided October 3, 2006 at 5:57 PM

Jacquelyn Lynn writes:

I particularly liked your answer to question #3. While I make reasonable efforts to protect my copyrights, I’m not going to get hysterical if some low-life steals one of my articles. And the threat of such a theft isn’t going to stop me from writing and putting my work out there for people to read. We all have just 24 hours in each day. I choose to spend mine doing work that I enjoy for which I am well compensated, not chasing penny-ante thieves or, worse, paying some lawyer thousands of dollars to do it for me. Life is short; choose the battles that are worth fighting, and let the others go.

Jacquelyn Lynn