Graham Jones Interviews Chris Knight

EzineArticles expert Graham Jones recently interviewed me on: How writing articles helps promote a small business, how to ensure people will connect with me in the article, how to help the reader to know that I am qualified to help them, how to make it easy for people to find my articles, figuring out which tricks will ensure your articles will be highly usable, what the most popular topics are today for articles, how to make your articles stand out and the (#1) tip that all small business owners should know about article writing.

[CLICK HERE TO READ THE INTERVIEW]

Don L. Price writes:

Wonderful interview… I only wish that you would have recorded it so that we could listen while handling other tasks.

Perhaps in the future.

Best regards,

Don

Comment provided October 19, 2006 at 3:15 PM

Wes Hopper writes:

Not only was your interview valuable, it was in print!
Thank you for that. I have a hard drive full of MP3s that I have never listened to because they are too time consuming. I’m a writer, and a reader. I can read the transcript of a 90 min teleseminar in 30 minutes but I get bored to tears at the slow pace of the actual recordings. I realize that not everyone feels this way, but there are still readers out here.
Thanks,
Wes

Comment provided October 19, 2006 at 4:31 PM

Scott Thompson writes:

These are exceptional points. I particularly liked #2…”Don’t solve 100% of the problem. Instead, solve 20% of a problem and use the rest of your article to discuss WHY solving the problem is important.”

Scott

Comment provided October 19, 2006 at 4:46 PM

Great tip from Mr. Jones’ interview with Chris:

” Write in sets of articles instead of sitting down to write one article at a time. Instead, sit down and determine to produce 2, 3, 4 or 5 at a time.”

Makes sense.

Kathy

Comment provided October 19, 2006 at 4:57 PM

Mystery writes:

Excellent article with great tips and easy resources. Very useful!

Comment provided October 19, 2006 at 4:58 PM

James yaqins writes:

It’s a excellent article with great tips.
This article is very meaningful to me.
Thanks

Comment provided October 19, 2006 at 8:00 PM

Dina writes:

I agree with Wes Hopper. I will always prefer reading to listening and therefore always appreciate a pdf dowload or web page. Are there more of us out there? Is it because as writers we’ve spent the bulk of our careers trying to tune out the background noise and focus in on what we’re creating?

I can’t remember where I read this, but recently someone said that in five to ten years the web would be all audio/video, just like TV. If that ever happened, I would have to cancel my subscription and quit my job to become a farmer or something.

Anyway – I always appreciate “seeing it in writing” Thanks!

Comment provided October 20, 2006 at 7:19 AM

Dina writes:

Another thing –

I can’t help but notice the body language mirroring that Graham and Chris are doing in their respective pics on the interview page. It’s somehow very geometric – like living art!

Comment provided October 20, 2006 at 7:26 AM

Crystal writes:

As much as I enjoy reading, I’d look to put in a vote for the audio option. It gives my eyes a much needed break and turns workouts, cooking and driving into super-productive events. No note-taking (obviously!), though…

As ever, fabulous interview Chris!

Comment provided October 20, 2006 at 9:26 AM

Pamela Beers writes:

Great tips! I printed a copy for further perusal.
Thanks.

Comment provided October 20, 2006 at 12:53 PM

Edward Weiss writes:

The one thing you can’t do (at least to my satisfaction) with audio is skip and skim. When I read, I like to get to the relevant info fast. I can skim a paper copy. I can also fast forward and skim a CD but it’s not the same thing.

Comment provided October 20, 2006 at 2:10 PM

This is a fascinating issue really, I mean everyone is arguing over what is the better venue? Sound bytes or character bytes. I just want the information and if it is good, I feel I have learned something and when it is the same old stuff, I feel I have wasted my time. That goes for NPR, CSPAN, Fox News, Rush Limbaugh, CNN, PBS, Business Week, WSJ or whatever. These interviews are somewhat interesting, yet it reminds me of political stump speeches. Often the same material over and over again, with little variation. I want new stuff, upgraded, relevant and innovative. I want more information, faster and I want the juice, I want it now, ASAP! Who am I? I am the new Internet User of Today. Give it to me fast, quick or see ya, I click!

Comment provided October 20, 2006 at 4:02 PM

Jun writes:

How interesting! You always conduct the best interviews, keep up the awesome work.

Comment provided December 2, 2010 at 5:16 PM