Top EzineArticles August Authors

Platinum : Michael Russell – 231 – Australia
Platinum : Gregg Hall – 218 – United States
Platinum : Morgan Hamilton – 208 – United States
Platinum : John Gibb – 177 – United Kingdom
Platinum : Mike Singh – 107 – United States
Platinum : Michael Bustamante – 105 – United States

Let’s do a comparison to see what the top 7 authors by volume were doing in August of 2005:

Platinum : Jeff Herring – 120
Platinum : Michael Turner – 97
Platinum : Matthew Keegan – 90
Platinum : Mike Makler – 90
Platinum : Lance Winslow – 74
Platinum : Dennis Siluk – 70
Platinum : Steven Gillman – 60

Further August 2006 Trivia:

EzineArticles authors modified/edited 12,929 articles.

We approved 294% more articles last month than we did the same time a year ago.

Top countries for source of articles include USA, UK, Canada, Australia, India, Singapore, Malaysia, Spain, Ireland, and South Africa.

1,187 Articles were rejected at the front door for being duplicate title from a title we already have in the database.

57 Authors uploaded new professional photos. Hey, gotta start somewhere.

443 Authors uploaded new ‘author photos’! YEAH! Glad to see this trend.

354 EzineArticles authors were awarded Platinum status, 18 were awarded Basic PLUS probationary status.

August 2006 was the first month our editorial team labor investments now exceed our tech/programming development investments.

333 Members forgot their password and were helped with our automated password retrieval tool.

612 Articles had new comments left and approved by our comment approval team.

3,926 Articles were forwarded to a friend.

Thanks to everyone who helped make August a success! We’ve got an incredible month of innovations planned for September. :)

Audrey Okaneko writes:

You’ve done an AWESOME job!!!

Comment provided September 1, 2006 at 6:56 AM

Audrey Okaneko writes:

In looking at the names of all those top submitting authors, I admit to being puzzled why women are not writing more.

Anyone have any thoughts on this?

Comment provided September 1, 2006 at 6:58 AM

Indeed Chris has done a good job and Now Scrapbooking is an Official Category too.

Comment provided September 1, 2006 at 6:59 AM

Yeah, that is an interesting dichotomy for sure, considering we have more female writers than male writers as an overall whole (gut feel), yet the male writers dominate the volume.

Perhaps we should put a voluntary Male or Female field in the member database to ask authors to tell us their gender so we can understand better our own author demographics.

Comment provided September 1, 2006 at 7:17 AM

Majority of the credit goes to our dev & editorial team! They do all of the heavy lifting around here. :-)

Comment provided September 1, 2006 at 7:34 AM

Stuart Crawford writes:

Hi Chris

Thanks for providing a source for me to publish my knowledge…I had a meeting with a potential client this week that found me because of an article I published with you.

Comment provided September 2, 2006 at 9:08 AM

I hear that every day and I never get tired of hearing it over and over again! :-) Way to go and nice job!

Comment provided September 2, 2006 at 12:53 PM

Jeffrey Hauser writes:

I’ve posted on 10 different sites. Yours is the best, by far. It’s the easiest to navigate, has the “auto” entry feature so I don’t have to keep adding the same info, like the bio, and posts the quickest of all of them.
Chris, you really did your homework on this site. As someone who spent the last whole year designing my own ( I appreciate the details.
It’s only going to get better, I’m sure. Thanks for giving me a place to show off my writing skills. I’ve written 6 books and still enjoy article-writing for the immediate impact and oppertunity to reach many new readers.
Thanks again and warm regards,

Comment provided September 8, 2006 at 6:02 PM

Gary Picariello writes:

Hi –
Found your website by accident and I’m enjoying every word of it! So please explain something to me: I’m a freelancer and one of my many gigs is that of a content producer for Associated Content. I’m on my way to having my best month ever with 100 articles for September! The thing is — how can I use your site to get more people to see my work on AC. Or can I? Obviously, the more clicks my content gets the better is for them and ultimate i’ll get paid more. Thanks in advance!
Gary Picariello

Comment provided September 14, 2006 at 12:18 PM

Depends on what your license terms are with AC? Meaning, do you have the right to syndicate or use the content you produce for them?

While it appears they (AC) don’t allow deep linking, we do. You could submit hundreds or thousands of articles to us and deep link to your AC content if you wanted and then you’d not only get access to our traffic but also to our syndicated distribution power of your content being picked up by other related publishers who agree to keep your links and content in tact.

Comment provided September 15, 2006 at 8:55 AM