Even Zig Ziglar Finds Experts Here

Wanted to share a quick mention from one of the many letters or testimonials that we receive each day. This one comes from EzineArticles expert, Harry Hoover:

“Chris, next week my piece on personal branding (The New Brand You) will be in Zig Ziglar’s enewsletter which reaches 53,000 readers. The editor found my piece at EzineArticles and dropped me a note to let me know it will be in next week’s issue. Cool.”

I’ve been a Zig fan for at least a decade now and have read most of his books. Nice job Harry! :-)

Edward Weiss writes:

With a name like Zig Ziglar, it’s got to be good right? I too have read some of Zig’s books. In the words of Alec Baldwin’s character in Glengary Glenross… always be closing! :)

Comment provided September 7, 2006 at 12:34 PM

Lance@carwashguys.com writes:

Ziggy is cool, I have read many of his books as well and listened to hundreds of tapes, even though I am not a salesman. Interesting stuff and he does do those in sales a favor as he says; “Nothing Happens Until Someone Sells Something”

Too often sales people get a bad rap and yet without them, nothing would happen. So for every negative experience or degrading comment about sales folks which are made a 100 go un-noticed and that is a shame for them.

You know come to think of it, I guess we all sell something no matter who we are. We sell our selves at parties and social events, we sell our opinions, our thoughts, etc. No matter what everyone is kind of selling something really. Interesting thoughts indeed. Zig Ziglar has made his career noble by bring this to the World’s attention and for that he has changed the way we think, act and view those who sell. Good stuff.

Comment provided September 7, 2006 at 1:33 PM

Ed W,

You know you are a sales professional when you’ve watched or know about Glengary Glenross. What a dumb movie that was! :-)

Comment provided September 7, 2006 at 2:08 PM

Ed Howes writes:

The public image of salesmen, often reinforced by the old door to door semi professional, is none too good, which keeps a lot of potentially great sales people from ever trying. The upside is the skilled salesman can easily generate 6 and 7 figure incomes from the lack of competition.

Comment provided September 11, 2006 at 12:35 PM

Ed, indeed interesting comments. Personally, I have a total disdain for most sales people, but the professional ones or those with personal character and integrity, I like. Straight shooters, good hand shake and no BS. They are okay by me. The rest, I liken them to crooked politicians or evil lawyers or Saddam Hussien’s sons really.

Comment provided September 13, 2006 at 4:18 AM

Joe H. writes:

Just about everyone hates sales people. I hate sales people too and I’ve been in sales. The best sales people are those that you don’t think of as a sales person.

One of the in things right now in sales is the consultative sales technique which basically places you as a trusted advisor.

If you had to name the last salesperson who tried to sell you something, you probably would remember right off. But if I asked who was the last trusted advisor who SOLD you on something, you would be hard pressed to tell me.

I can tell you who last sold you on something. It was Chris Knight. Just because it dodn’t feel like you were being sold, doesn’t mean he wasn’t trying to get you to hit the link, read the comments, leave a comment and most importantly inspire you to write another article or at least keep EzineArticles.com on the front lobe.

Just my 2 kilos.

Comment provided September 15, 2006 at 10:51 PM

Ed Howes writes:

Joe,

You chose a great example. Chris puts most of his effort into repeat sales and then goes after hundreds of thousands of new customers. He also has customers bringing new customers. Chris is a top model for New Age salespersonship.

Comment provided September 16, 2006 at 12:29 PM

Very good intellectual discussion here you guys and I think that is why I like Zig Ziglar, because he enlightens us to the need for sales people in the world. Most of the top Billionaires of lets say 2-decades ago, all started out as sales people or used it as a tool to move up in the world. Sales are a fascinating subject and one of the keys to business success too.

Comment provided September 16, 2006 at 3:48 PM