Earlier this week someone emailed in asking how to “get in the Author Spotlight?” So this week’s Author Spotlight is actually on some things we look for when choosing an author to “put the Spotlight on”.
- Recent Activity – Has the author been active in the last day, week or month. Generally, the squeaky wheel gets the grease and an author that is actively submitting articles will usually have a better chance of being in the Spotlight than a dormant one.
- Membership Level – While it may happen from time to time and we will Spotlight a Basic Level Author, we usually choose Platinum Level Authors for the Spotlight.
- Use of Author Bio, Extended Bio & Author Photo – We like to get to know our authors and an author which utilizes all the features of the Extended Author Bio makes that easier for us. It also makes it easier to Spotlight that author as there is more info to share.
- Article Submission Quality & Form – If the article content is great AND the formatting which the article is submitted is stellar, chances are you may be in the Spotlight. Two reasons really: 1) Great content helps everyone & 2) Perfect formatting allows our Editors to approve articles quicker.
Here are a couple of other things sometimes will catch our eye when looking for an author to Spotlight:
- Interesting Author Photos – Remember the game show “Let’s Make A Deal” where people in the audience would dress up to have a better chance of being picked as a contestant? Well, an interesting or unique author photo never hurts to get our attention.
- Forum, Article or Blog Comment Activity – If an author is showing interest in what we are doing, we’re likely to show an interest in what they are doing.
- “Because of Ezine Articles, this happened…” Spotlights – If an article of yours was picked up from EzineArticles.com that resulted in major media exposure, big sales or something else great let us know so we can share it with other authors in an Author Spotlight.
The main purpose of the Author Spotlight is to communicate with our target market behaviors that create an ‘ideal’ EzineArticles.com expert author — that will further inspire others into action (writing and submitting more quality original articles). :-)
RELATED NOTE: The Author Spotlight section of the EzineArticles.com blog is not to be confused with the “Author Spotlight” on the home page. The blog spotlights are hand-picked and we invest 20-50 minutes to produce the column vs. the home page where every EzineArticles expert author who has a valid author photo and author bio uploaded will become eligible for being included in the home page rotating automatic author spotlight.