Article Marketing for Entrepreneurs

EzineArticles expert Scott Allen did a (2) part interview with me, one on how Article Marketing can be used by Entrepreneurs and then an interview on my own entrepreneurial past and some wisdom or tips for entrepreneurs:

* Article Marketing for Entrepreneurs

* An Interview with Internet Entrepreneur Christopher Knight

I had fun with this interview and have always respected Scott’s networking smarts.

Scott is the Entrepreneurs Guide for, one of the top ten websites in the world with over 37 million readers, and a subsidiary of The New York Times Company. He offers current and future entrepreneurs guidance and resources to help them start and develop their new businesses.

As I reviewed the interviews with Scott on — I was contemplating the immense pressure they ( must be under to monetize their content (pop-ups, frames with ads on external links and other high value ads wrapped around the articles, etc). They’ve done a great job on acquiring quality original content updated frequently.

Back on topic, let me know what you thought of either of the interviews? :-)

PS: Networking Invite: Wanna get LinkedIN with Scott or myself? Check out his profile here or my profile here.

Audrey Okaneko writes:

Scott asked some great questions. It was neat to read how you started this site.

Scott is really amazing. He is a wealth of information. He runs a community over on Ryze (that’s how I met him) called The Virtual Handshake.

Great interview.

Comment provided September 17, 2006 at 9:18 AM

I did not know that was a subsidiary of The New York Times Company. Although sometimes the view points do get a little liberal there? Surprising this great piece on article marketing. I take many ezines, which are offered by category, but since they are a subsidiary of The New York Times Company. I will cancel all of them. Thank you for the heads up.

Comment provided September 17, 2006 at 2:31 PM

Priya Shah writes:

Fascinating interview, Chris. You were a DJ? That’s so cool! I liked this part best – “I overcame this by ignoring any doubt they brought to my attention.”

What you’ve done with the site is just awesome! The investment shows. Great advice and tips for us all.

Comment provided September 17, 2006 at 2:50 PM

In March of 2005, NY Times bought for approx $410 million.

Always good analysis of content deals here:

The New York Times press release:

Yeah, I was a DJ. Great fun!

What I said about ignoring my family or friends doubt in what I wanted to do with my life was my favorite part of the interview as well. My business success dramatically changed many years ago when I decided I was not going to let my family tell me what was not possible.

Comment provided September 17, 2006 at 3:06 PM

Thanks Chris, for that information. Glad to see was born of entrepreneurial spirit, even if they later got bought out by a bigger fish. NYT is a big organization with an Interesting Brand to it;

I did like the interview and it is really a great historical review of the hard work it takes to make it as an entrepreneur. Great Stuff and good questions too.

Comment provided September 17, 2006 at 7:53 PM

Edward Weiss writes:

Chris, after posting about the purchase, have you received any lucrative offers for EzineArticles yet? And if so, from whom?

Comment provided September 17, 2006 at 8:31 PM

One zillion dollars from an off-world buyer, but he could only offer us gold-pressed latinum for payment. ;-)

Personally, we’d be more interested in a ZPM (Zero Point Module) for payment as anything that can create immense amounts of energy from zero point energy (an artificially created region of subspace (think NATS, but for space-time) from which the power is drawn) has got to be cool.

In other words, I could tell you, but then I’d have to erase your memory with a Goa’uld hand device.

Comment provided September 18, 2006 at 3:50 AM

James Nardel writes:

“Get into massive action.”

That’s exactly what needs to be done. I am struggling every single day to paint the big picture. Great interview, thanks Chris!

Comment provided September 18, 2006 at 7:40 AM

Edward Weiss writes:

Comment provided September 18, 2006 at 10:21 PM

The most important thing a business can do is to inform and educate their customers, what you can do for them.

Comment provided September 20, 2006 at 4:15 PM