17 New Sports Categories

Call For Sports Articles: Are you a sports expert or an expert in any of our new 17 categories of sports & recreation? If so, this is your call to submit your best articles on any of the topics below (or any sports related articles for that matter).

Despite my interest in all things fitness, running, cycling, racquetball, etc… I’m not actually a sports nut. I’d rather play a sport any day than watch one on TV. Sorry if your favorite sport didn’t make the cut for the new line up of article categories. My favorite sport didn’t make the cut either (racquetball).

NOTE: We’re seeking articles that deliver expert tips or strategies in the above sports related categories rather than analysis or a play-by-play on last Sunday’s football game. Article syndication is a timeless marketing vehicle and thus the articles should be more ‘evergreen’ than the type that might expire in relevance in less than 10 days.

Here’s The List of 17 New Recreation & Sports Categories:

Look good?

Carl Chesal writes:

This is a welcome expansion of the Sports Category.
Horse Racing might be more genic Equestrian – So you can include Equestiran Show Jumping.

Comment provided September 19, 2006 at 1:59 PM

Edward Weiss writes:

Rodeo? Maybe in the red states hmmm?

Comment provided September 19, 2006 at 2:38 PM

Pamela Beers writes:

Sports-wise, I’m very involved with riding and training thoroughbreds for the show ring. I rescue them from the racetrack and give them a second chance. I own two.

I am also committed to New York State thoroughbred racing along with it’s breeders incentive program. There is big money to be made in this arena.

To date, I haven’t written anything on either of these topics, but I think Equine should be the umbrella with eventing, rodeo, dressage, open-jumping (timed), hunter (smaller jumps not timed), horse racing, barrel racing, reining, horse shows, draft horse pulls, carriage horses, equitation, horse nutrition, and the list goes on……. being the sub-categories. There is a whole new world out there called “horse people” of which I have been involved since I was three years old…now I’m, 60. It’s part of my daily routine…like eating and sleeping.

Comment provided September 19, 2006 at 2:55 PM

K Lehan writes:

How about adding:

Swimming
Cycling (as in bicycle racing)
Triathlons

Thanks!

Comment provided September 19, 2006 at 3:25 PM

I agree on the Horse Racing Category and that “Equestrian-Horse Racing” would be smarter for the sports side, perhaps “Equine” under pets or a Special Category for only Equestrian, then you could leave horse racing there. The Equestrian Community is huge in the United States and Europe and in so many parts of the World.

Comment provided September 19, 2006 at 4:35 PM

K,

We already have all 3 sports plus a category for triathlons as well. :-)
Here is a list of all of our sports & recreation categories:
Golf

Auto Racing
Volleyball
Skiing
Olympics
Sports Apparel

I did my first Triathlon this Summer:

Got a Duathlon coming up October 1st that I’m looking forward to… Race finishes running through the center of Lambeau field (GB Packers Stadium).

Comment provided September 19, 2006 at 6:37 PM

Here is a list of new sub-categories that did not make the cut this time around but may be considered for the next additions:

Scuba-Diving
Skateboarding
Snowboarding
Surfing
Track-and-Field
Wrestling

Comment provided September 19, 2006 at 6:56 PM

Wow it looks like a whole lot of thought goes into category choosing, I had know idea how scientific this has become, although it makes sense to get it right and the hard work is evident of what has been produced. Good stuff. Thank you for unveiling the research and thought process behind the Category Choices.

Comment provided September 19, 2006 at 9:00 PM

I have made this offer;

“I will commit to writing 4-5 articles in each category (with required research) if others will write at least one or two for those categories they are very much into?”

I find no takers to the challenge and that shows me WEAKNESS in my fellow writers. Weakness is an unbecoming trait for writers and therefore, I feel I need to re-evaluate your commitment to your writing. Why are YOU weak? Please explain fellow writers?

Comment provided September 21, 2006 at 1:42 PM

Edward Weiss writes:

Just curious. Why would you pick a category like “Rodeo” over something like “Surfing” or “Bodybuilding?” The latter subjects seem to be more popular (in my mind anyway.)

Comment provided September 21, 2006 at 2:30 PM

I bet it is because anyone can go to a gym and take horse pills and steroids. And just about anyone who is semi-athelitic and can swim can take up surfing. But when it comes to getting on a 6-8000 pound Bull of solid mass and muscle, knowing the chances of staying on for 8-seconds, which is a life time is next to nothing. Man VS Monster. Until you have participated in a Rodeo, you just wouldn’t know.

The reason those easy sports are more popular is because there are so few real men left these days. I hope that answers your question; Just Curious.

Comment provided September 24, 2006 at 11:23 PM

I clicked on tennis, but get the soccer articles. Is this is mix up? They really aren’t quite the same you know, although i’ve kicked a tennis ball once or twice on the courts…

Comment provided September 27, 2006 at 4:57 PM

Patsi,

Dohhh! Sorry about that.

I updated the link and here’s the Tennis articles:

Comment provided September 28, 2006 at 1:49 AM