July 2006 Top Authors

Some new faces in the crowd, as well as familar, for the “Fine 15” in July.

Platinum : Lance Winslow – 488
Platinum : Kristy Annely – 91
Platinum : Michael Senoff – 90
Platinum : Morgan Hamilton – 89
Platinum : Kent Pinkerton – 88
Platinum : Dr. Gary S. Goodman – 86

Edward Weiss writes:

Looks like Lance finally has some competition. I didn’t think anyone could write as many articles but M. Russell is quickly catching up. Whoaaaa!

Comment provided August 1, 2006 at 11:00 AM

Quantity is very important to the numbers game. Michael Russell is using the system and online article submission site genre to the best of its ability and he is rapidly catching up to my soon to be 8,000 articles.

Quality is also important and sometimes we need to also chase those Super Niche Article Author’s with the best quality; Example

Thanks for the content Edward, without super writers like you it is difficult to keep up the number of articles. And I thank you Edward for being worthy of excellent subject matter for me to write about.

Comment provided August 1, 2006 at 11:44 AM

I have done a little checking how close behind Michael Russell is and how fast he is catching up to me after reviewing Edward’s Observations about the fact that Michael Russell will soon surpass my articles quantity. Here is what I have found in my research on this subject.

Michael Russell appeared on the scene here at EzineArticles in August of 2005 about 4.5 months after I first appeared. Michaels first article under his name appeared on August, 8, 2005. My first article was on March 25, 2005. In watching the ramp ups in article writing it appears both of us had at least some prior material to work from to our credits from other previous business and online ventures. In September of 2005, I had posted my 2,000 article.

During no month had any author posted more articles than me in the same month. In December of 2005 Michael Russell increased his output to 184 articles giving him third place for that month. Don Diebold had second posting 293 of his collection of articles in one month on Online Dating and such. I posted 342 articles that month clearly leaving both authors in the dust. This is the history up until 2006 of my dominance on the quantity game.

In January of 2006, I increased my article writing by employing some new strategies that I created. I posted 525 articles. Michael Russell posted 169, Dr. Goodman 151 and Carrie Reeder 121. I smoked them all. Then in February of 2006 same basic thing I smoked everyone and in March I posted increased it again to 612 articles, Britt Gillette had 309 and Michael Russell was running at 147, with Carrie Reeder 139 , Gary Goodman 135 and Peter Portero next with 126. That was the first quarter of 2006.

In April I again picked up the pace to clearly show my dominance posting 754, Michael Russell 418, with Cristopher Kyalo at 174. Now then in May I posted 781 again increasing rate of article writing Michael Russell posted 527. Two other authors posted over two-hundred that month Anne Clarke 210 and Patricia Nordman 204, with CD Mohatta close with 196. Again clearly I smoked the competition. In June just to prove a point I posted 1111 articles, having reached my goal of 1000 nearly 5-days early and wrote another 111 articles. That month Michael Russell posted a whopping 592 articles. Josh Riverside posed nearly 150 articles at 141. This rounds out the Second quarter of 2006.

In the third quarter so far in July I have posted nearly five hundred articles 488 to be exact and Michael Russell posted 400 or 399 to be exact. Gregg Halls posted 200 or 199 to be exact and John Gibb scores 161. Now then in reality the longer this game goes on the further I will be ahead of everyone else. Unless I quit writing for 12-months and Michael Russell continues at his all-time high for 1-year he will not catch up. Currently I am producing 16,000 words two to three days per week and averaging over 5600 words the other days and am quite certain now I can write 1500 articles in one month if I choose too. I have Zero Doubt.

Why do I mention this? Well simple, two reasons actually one is that I believe we need to set the record straight here and two, I refuse to pretend that anyone is close to my article counts merely to help others feel good about them selves. If someone wishes to pretend someone will catch me in order to find the kryptonite to go with this Herculean effort then it is all in their heads not mine, for I live without limits and refuse to honor weakness, excuses, pain, writer’s cramp or writer’s block. I will not acknowledge defeat or deny myself Victory! For those who do, for those who lack the dedication, perseverance, commitment, personal character or human spirit to go beyond what is possible that is a personal problem. Why do you hold yourselves back?

Comment provided August 2, 2006 at 9:06 PM

Kristin writes:

You motivate me. There’s no reason to downplay success. Success inspires. I see it in my networking meetings–it makes me want to get out there and WRITE (as I speak, the first weekend of filming has completed on my first produced script, BLOOD MASK.)

Comment provided August 7, 2006 at 11:38 AM

Ed Howes writes:

Congratulations on your consistent achievements and thank you for taking the time to create a report and share it with the rest of us. One that not only documents your achievement but by showing the different names in the top ranks, show us all that you, Michael and others are inspiring more and more other writers to greater achievement. If we can’t quantify that, we sure can appreciate it. In other words, you may be inspiring 5,000 articles per month from others, multiplying the value of your own work by a factor of 5 or more. Or the top 5 may be inspiring 10,000 articles to be written, if not today, then next month or in the near future. My point is your contribution is likely far greater than you can take credit for but it counts – big time. If you did choose to take a year off, you would still be making a heavy contribution to the success of Ezsine Articles and the other 30,000 of us. For this, I will always be appreciative and grateful. I also want to thank you for your many contributions to the success of this blog. I think you are amazing.

Comment provided August 7, 2006 at 12:38 PM

Chris From Pennsylvania writes:

I for one was interested in posting articles, but have since swithced after reading the remarks of Lance.

There are too many directories out there to deal with this sort of attitude.

Comment provided August 12, 2006 at 1:55 PM

Ed Howes writes:

You misunderstand. This is not about competition at all. Would you expect none of thirty thousand writers to have a competitive spirit? Would you also imagine all of us competing? I’m not competing with anyone. I’m not even selling anything. Yet I can appreciate the achievements of those who not only compete but inspire in many other ways you will only see by sticking around. I post on other directories with very good reason. In fact I am the top conrtibuter on one small site, have the second most popular article and have attracted as many readers as I have here with just over half the articles. But this is my home base. I actually love people here I have never met. Why don’t you stick with us a little while and see if the big picture doesn’t change for you in a very short time?

Comment provided August 12, 2006 at 4:00 PM

Chris, I think that is such a wimpy statement indeed: “I for one was interested in posting articles, but have since switched after reading the remarks of Lance.”

I think that statement wreaks of liberalism, socialism and communism where everyone is equal in every way. You know like the Parents who do not want to keep score in seventh grade PE soccer. There is nothing wrong with competition, capitalism or striving to be the best you can in EVERYTHING you do. If you do not keep score, how will you know?

You could just as easily be the very BEST writer instead of the most prolific? You could be the top writer in a category for quality or volume. You need to choose what you are best at. There is nothing wrong with being the top most prolific online article writer on the Internet in the history of mankind or the best writer on this website, which you could be IF your articles are good enough to capture such a title, although subjective. I prefer quantity, because that is absolute, whereas the best writer has to do with personal preference of the reader.

Is writing about competition; you stated; “Is this really about competition? Shouldn’t everybody be in this to better themselves?” Indeed, but we celebrate the top prolific writers in the world for instance:

I am not sure why humans care about who can write the most, maybe because most people can write and therefore everyone who can starts with a level playing field. If one chooses not to post their articles here, they do so at their own peril, no other site for online article authors gets this much traffic, so if you post elsewhere it is your loss; do you like losing? WHY? Are you a defeatest? You see Chris, people really do keep track of this, you make it sound like I made it up or something? Most prolific writer category is about words per day, week, month, year; It is not easy.

Chris this statement of yours is curious; ‚¬“There are too many directories out there to deal with this sort of attitude.‚¬ Oh really, name one? And Chris, why didn’t you state who you are? What are you hiding from? You seem to be condemning me and my competitive spirit and you wish your comments heard with exclamation point and yet you hide your identity, WHY?

Personally, I think your comments are similar to a child or a defeated politician demanding a recount, when they know that they were beaten. Your comments and demeaning of my personal character cannot be accepted or condoned. Ed here goes way too easy on you. Look in your mirror, what are you truly Good At? Well? What is it? Shouldn’t that provide you with enough self-esteem to carry on without detracting and terroristic comments of those who push beyond the norm?

Comment provided August 14, 2006 at 5:43 PM