Gail Leino – Author Spotlight

“Mrs. Party” and EzineArticles Expert Gail Leino is our Author Spotlight of the day for leading the highest female author submissions for July 2006 month-to-date (86 so far).

Here’s what I really like about Gail’s articles: She is leveraging locality-based themes to attract traffic from qualified visitors searching for things relating to her area of expertise that are also connected to a specific geographical location or area. (see a related article of mine on leveraging “locality-based article writing/marketing“)

So now you know her strategy, but she even further leverages this by going DEEP (leveraging that long-tail) when you visit her websites. This depth tells me there will be many thousands of articles to follow as Gail works her locality based long-tail article writing system. I should note here that I have not asked Gail if she has an actual system or not as this is just my perception.

In addition, she is also showing some holiday-themed smarts by submitting a “Labor Day” article this month with enough advance time to get indexed by the major search engines to be found when Labor Day comes in a few months. Click here to give the rest of her articles a review.

One last trivia female-expert-author factoid: Carrier Reeder is in the #1 position for most articles submitted in 2006 by (female gender) with 547 articles year-to-date. Gail’s 334 total articles (as of this blog entry) show’s that she’s hot on the trail!

How does one produce quality Location Based Articles? Well let me tell you what I accidentally stumbled into, which might help you write more location based articles along the same theme of your personal or professional expertise. As consultants, experts or Gurus in our areas of knowledge, industry sub-sectors or categories we will all have individuals contact us with questions.

For instance someone may email us a question which starts out something like this; My name is Mike and I live in Dallas and I have been considering starting a business to do; XYZ. Or perhaps you are self-help expert and get a call or email; My name is Shelly and I live in Peach Tree, GA and my husband and I have a problem with XYZ.

Well in the Peach Tree, GA area it may not be worthy from a number of query searches, but Atlanta is and that is the next nearest largest city right? So, weave Atlanta Area into your answer and then answer the question. Also use the city Peach Tree and put it in the key words along with Atlanta.

I have been doing this now for about a year, as people email me questions about my previous profession Auto Detailing, Truck Washing, Aircraft Cleaning, Concrete Pressure Washing and Mobile Car Washing. Whatever area they email from, I weave into my answer regional differences. I still have the subject matter for the title and put in their city too. I must have 500 such articles with titles like; Truck Washes in South Texas, Mobile Oil Change Business in Cincinnati or Detailing Boats on the Potomac.

It is an easy way to write more articles when you wish to expand your article numbers. And as a Guru or Expert all you need is all those email questions, that you already have. When I see people like MRS PARTY out of Los Angeles, well I just smile at her entrepreneurial spirit, energy and intelligence. Obviously she is making herself well known and taking advantage of how people type queries into the search Engines.

Every article author on this site could benefit from these techniques as there are 380 major cities in the United States. I would be interested in others using other such techniques to expand their article counts and Locality Based traffic, because I am certain there are others who use specific techniques like MRS PARTY to do this. Her website is impressive and she really is MRS PARTY. What a terrific source for being able to better entertain your guests.

Comment provided July 25, 2006 at 1:44 PM

That reminds me of MSA’s:

At least for the USA… the above URL will help an author identify all of the major cities that count, by population size. Bigger populations = Larger readership potential.

Comment provided July 25, 2006 at 2:19 PM

Excellent resource and now you have brought up another point. If you are US Based, consider all the cities in Canada too. Those of us who are considered experts in our fields obviously get emails from all over the world. I know I do.

In the last month, I have had emails from Australia, Quebec, Kuwait, Dubai, Bermuda, Spain, Morocco, Mexico City, Monterrey and Costa Rica. When corresponding with these folks they will explain the differences there and the need for your product or service.

You can then use your answers and modifications and considerations in problem solving as articles. In my case of on-site cleaning there are water issues, reclaim issues, narrow streets, regulations, duties and import taxes and such. All of this makes very interesting articles and can help others searching on the Internet for information.

It would seem to me Chris that any city of over 250,000. Any DMA would in fact be worthy of an article. And certain areas of perhaps greater wealth or specific demographics also make sense. For instance if you are writing an article about Boats, then those areas with the most registered boats make sense even if the population does not.

After traveling for 5-years to every city in the United States of over 10,000 in population, I can certainly see the need for locality based articles. And having been to three continents now, I can certainly see the need for Planetary Distribution of articles and information as well. Hey all human civilizations throw parties so MRS PARTY has more than enough business Around the Globe. Why have as War; Just Call MRS PARTY!!!

Comment provided July 25, 2006 at 2:44 PM

Ed Howes writes:

I was drawn to scroll down Gail’s articles and note view counts and what was popular with readers. The Labor Day article had a good view count among the recent. But an earlier one from April had over 600 views, telling me people are planning parties much further in advance than many would think. Maybe the evening of the last party for many folks. Got to do this again next year only better.

Gail’s home page was as transfixing as the catalog on a juke box. All those buttons to push. Had to run away to keep from losing control. Could easily see she came to EzineArticles much content in hand. I hope Gail soon has a testimonial for us and give us an audio as well. I love the new feature and hope others send in audio and pictures in a few cases. Gail has a very broad range of interests and likely friends to match. Soul Parties?

Comment provided July 25, 2006 at 2:58 PM

David writes:

As I have said before prolific writers tend to have the lowest quality articles I have ever seen. Anyone can write a million crap articles. There are too many crap articles and that is why there is a very, very low click through and or purchase from these writers. Views don’t count as a hundred people can look at your article and click right off since it is low quality. Results, purchases, and clickthrough etc… are what really count. Many people in the 300 articles and below realm get 10x the results with 10x less articles. Google is now giving articles credence or priority based on their usefulness. When someone rewrites the same article 50x with different keywords they will now get penalized by Google. Low quality articles are referred to as article spam and Google has now made this their top priority. I and several people like me with high traffic blogs and such will not even touch low quality articles as we could get penalized by Google. When I peruse the articles of this and other article directories if I run into any low quality articles I immediatly take down the authors info (including website and link info) and we will never accept articles from them in the future. I won’t risk article spam and a lot of other high traffic sites won’t either. So, to sumize – Don’t write low quality articles. Don’t article spam and rewrite the same articles over and over (like the author that constantly rewrites articles about bad debt loans). You have been warned, Google will not be as nice and you will eventually get banned from article directories or worse.

Comment provided July 26, 2006 at 5:03 PM

Ed Howes writes:

Thamks for the warnings David,

Even though a person can go back and edit or even delete articles from a directory, their personal advertising has proceeded out into cyberspace where they have no options for repair. I thought long and hard about that before I published anyting in cyberspace. It is clear a lot of writers – marketers do not and have built negative reputations they might not outlive or overcome. Writing is like a brand – self applied. Brand a herd of sickly cows and you might be finished in the beef business.

Comment provided July 27, 2006 at 8:45 AM

Frank writes:

Greetings! I’ve been following your website for some time now and finally got the courage to go ahead and give you a shout out from New Caney Tx! Just wanted to say keep up the great job!

Comment provided August 14, 2013 at 7:58 AM