Albert Hallado interviews Christopher Knight

EzineArticles expert Albert Hallado of Las Vegas (President/CEO of NetbizReview.com) asked me to do an interview about EzineArticles.

…Why the site works, who some of my mentors are, what some of the largest threats facing netpreneurs in the near future are and lastly, tips for those who are starting out with their own online business.

[Read The Full Interview]

Pamela Beers writes:

Thanks for the freebie. Learning is one of my favorite things to do. Now I have some more great info to read.

Comment provided July 27, 2006 at 7:43 AM

Dina writes:

You know… I’ve been hanging around here for a quite a while so it’s not like this info is new to me.

Nevertheless- Chris, I’m always appreciative of the energizing effect your words have.

It’s so easy to just get derailed when you report to no one but yourself… so easy to just let it all drop out from under you.

But I take my cue on how to stay on track, how to keep creating, how to shake off the inconsequentials and how to stay focused on growing a business, from you Chris, and your team of champions.

So thank you. :)

Comment provided July 27, 2006 at 8:24 AM

Dina,

I think I can hear trumpets playing revelry!

What really amazes me is how many thousands of newbies enter the online marketing fray every month.

Comment provided July 27, 2006 at 8:30 AM

Edward Weiss writes:

It’s true that it’s better to have a team and to delegate rather than do everything yourself. Have you read the book “The E-Myth” by any chance? I know it applies to physical locations (like McDonalds) where a system is developed and followed like clockwork.

Sometimes, it’s hard to create a system for netpreneurs though. I’d like to delegate everything, but I’m the only one who can do it. So I guess it’s my job.

Comment provided July 27, 2006 at 11:04 AM

Ed Howes writes:

Excellent Interview Chris,

Between this blog and recent e newsletter subscriptions my inbox runneth over. A few points. Why don’t we coin the term netrepreneur? This only scrambles the first 3 letters and still distinguishes the activity as online.

When encouraging high volume writing, we have a few recent examples where someone hits a jackpot due to one article, published months or years ago. We all have a choice. Depend on luck or improve on luck.

Off in the distance, I can hear a cash register ringing from this interview and all the ones you can do. I believe you have entered the ranks of super promotion, which makes you the valuable asset Dina proclaims for an ever expanding circle of netrepreneurs. The newbie learning curve grows steeper and just as natural culling reduces their numbers, the world supplies new batches. What is the limit of growth?

I would like to see consistency between Albert’s URL and acronym. NetbusinessReview is NR. NBR is NetBusinessReview. Please don’t ask why this bothers me, I am not generally a perfectionist, or especially tidy.

Comment provided July 27, 2006 at 11:10 AM

Ed,

I read the E-Myth by Michael Gerber in 1992 and it was his book that helped me decide that I could reach my goals better by not being the ‘technician’ type of entrepreneur.

Funny you mention Gerber as I mentioned him last night in a private group telecoaching conference and one of our VIP guests said that Michael lives down the street from her. Small planet theory.

Comment provided July 27, 2006 at 11:11 AM

Edward Weiss writes:

Yes, “The E-Myth” is one of the best business books any entrepreneur should read. When I read a book, I usually skim and scan. With this one, I actually read it word for word. Very inspiring. I like how Gerber uses the pie shop as an analogy.

You know, I guess it could be applied to the web. It’s really about consistency and exceeding expectations. Remember that mint on the pillow that excited Gerber on his visit to a certain hotel?

P.S. I’m ready to move beyond the technician phase too!

Comment provided July 27, 2006 at 11:26 AM

Ed Howes writes:

Thanks for the Amazon link. When I read the words uderground bestseller in the synopsis, my level of interest rose. When I saw the word revolutionary in an early review, I wanted to hear the book. When I read two negative reviews by reviewers with professional attitudes, I made the book’s aquisition a goal. While one reviewer lacked the patience to read the book before telling us how bored he was, another testified he extracted more by taking notes. Tells us a lot about attitude, doesn’t it?

Comment provided July 27, 2006 at 12:25 PM

Dina writes:

Edward Weiss,

Thank you, your mentioning of the E-Myth has reminded me once again that’s a book I’ve been meaning to read. I don’t know if I’ll ever develop the skills to be a strong team leader (I work well as “second in command”) but maybe Mr. Gerber can at least shed some light on that topic.

Ed Howes,

I heard the cha-ching all the way from here as well. YES I think all the up-and-coming ‘netpreneurs (yep, I’ve heard that term used before, it’s a cool one) can use some guidance from our man Chris. It’s funny… about a half-hour ago, I fully convinced myself that I’m willing to pay for it.

Off to the online bookstore I go. Thanks to all for the stimulating thoughts.

Dina

Comment provided July 27, 2006 at 1:38 PM

The E-Myth is the first book I recommend to anyone who wishes to enter the franchising industry and franchise their existing small business. Michael Gerber did a great job on that book indeed. The E-Myth revisted is also quite good. Basically if you Fail to Plan you end up Planning to Fail. Once you have the right system in place then you can watch your plan accelerate forward without leaving debris in your path as you move forward.

Comment provided July 27, 2006 at 1:41 PM

Ed Howes writes:

The sweet thing about building any business as a franchise, it seems to me, is to make one’s self irrelevant to the operation of the business and its operation. Hence, one can be second in command or go fishing.

Comment provided July 27, 2006 at 2:05 PM

Dina writes:

I just bought FOUR of the E-Myth series from Amazon. Dang it, now I have to wait for them to arrive in the mail…

In reply to Ed H.’s most recent comment: is that a born or learned talent?

(maybe Lance can answer – although I’m guessing that Lance Winslow only took a handful of days off to go fishing).

Comment provided July 27, 2006 at 3:17 PM

Fishing can be a worthy endeavor, as long as you eat everything you catch and catch what you are looking for;

Comment provided July 27, 2006 at 7:26 PM