8 Year Article Power

Today I received a request from an advertising firm that assembles the newsletter for American Express merchants — to reprint an article I wrote back in May 19th, 1998 called, Top 7 Quick Strategies To Attract NEW Customers NOW

Sheepishly, I feel a bit embarrassed. You see, back in 1998 I had created Top7Business.com to get better at writing articles… so technically, the 130+ articles I wrote for that site back then were from me when I was just a newbie writer, filled with many grammar and sentence structure mistakes.

I’m sharing this story today as SOCIAL PROOF that article writing & marketing is timeless and that you can expect to get traffic from your articles spanning many years into the future! Even high-profile publishers (in my case today, American Express) will pickup your content and continue to help build traffic and interest for you and your business by introducing your expertise to their clients…and by doing so, they indirectly endorse you by their inclusion of your article in their newsletter. THIS ROCKS!

Almost 3 Years of Article Power

Congratulations on your American Express reprint! Do you get to edit the article now that you’re a better writer?

Here’s my social proof story for today. The London Times woke me up this morning for an interview on home staging with interior design psychology. The reporter told me my articles, “all over the Internet,” made me the “American home staging expert” and he loves the “Home Staging Queen, like home coming queen” brand. Without article power, he never would have found me. This is a brand new website–with only a few articles supporting it.

Thank you Chris for ExineArticles.

Jeanette Joy Fisher
Home Staging Queen
(I still prefer America’s “Dream Home” Maker.)

Comment provided July 19, 2006 at 1:56 PM

Nice job Jeanette!

Yeah, I do need to edit them.

Interesting factoid: Last month, 2,884 articles were edited by our authors to improve or fix their content. *Whew*

In the next few weeks I’ll be sharing a story from one of our authors who reported getting a $200,000 sale because of one of his EzineArticles written many moons ago. I was blown away and can’t wait to share the full case-study.

Comment provided July 19, 2006 at 2:31 PM

I can see that if this site was around when I was actively recruiting franchisees before my retirement that it would have lead to many sales. I am constantly getting folks demanding that I go back into business and sell them a franchise or offer them the rights to an entire country. A franchise sale would be between $10,000 to $50,000 in franchise fees and $500K to 1 Million in royalties over a 10-year period. The rights to an entire country we had set at $250,000 initial fees and would result in just under 1 million per year. So, I agree and although it depends on what you are selling, it is hard to imagine anyone denying that article marketing works. Too bad I had not used this format back in the 1990s. Your case study will be interesting to read, but I nolonger need any proof.

Comment provided July 19, 2006 at 2:55 PM

Dina writes:

Sheepish? Oh, Chris… mini syntax errors be damned, those Top7Business.com articles were GREAT. I think I read them all in two days… they really fired me up to turn over a new leaf or whatever I was doing at the time, probably recovering from the internet kicking my behind.

Congrats on the Amex exposure… and Jeanette, kudos to you as well on the call from the London Times.

Comment provided July 19, 2006 at 3:17 PM

Nan Wood writes:

Chris, I’m new to writing articles. I listened to you on a seminar line and decided to try.

I can’t image what I am going to think of these articles in five years.

Me and the articles are on a fun long time learning curve.

Comment provided July 19, 2006 at 4:34 PM

Darren Mallory writes:

Wow I knew articles were powerful vehicles traversing across the wilds of the internet but I didnt realise that they run on unlimited fuel!

Bravo

Comment provided July 19, 2006 at 6:15 PM

Chris,

I just started submitting articles everywhere possible. I love your story, because it inspires me to continue plugging away at article submissions!

I am getting a lot more traffic to my web site ever since I’ve been writing and submitting articles, and I am so excited to see what happens in terms of sales increase!

Alex

Comment provided July 19, 2006 at 7:11 PM

Interesting this old site of yours, as I see that the old site is kicking this sites butt in the 7 or 10 Business Tips Category;

Comment provided July 20, 2006 at 12:07 AM