New Article Email Alerts

Every day at 2pm CST USA time, emails are released to the 222 categories of EzineArticles for over 10k+ permission-based email members (presumably publishers looking for articles or authors looking for new article topic ideas) who signed up from our subscription page.

This week, we rolled out a new feature that extends invitations to our readership to join the new article email alerts by the addition of a subscription box in the left navigation (bottom) of the article and category view for each category.

Example: The loans sub-category has the subscription box in the left navigation and each article (example) has the subscription box in the left nav.

The idea was not to intrude on the reader and to leverage virtual real-estate to do a better job selling for us. In this case, growing our permission-based email lists will help drive more traffic to your articles where we both win.

I know we could grow these lists 25-50% faster with java hover ads, but the last thing I want to see on an article is a pop up…

What do you think of this and any recommendations for how we could enhance the email alert subscription box for each category?

Ed Howes writes:

How do you do this? I write an article about how directories must attract readers and published it this morning. Watching my articles scroll down the home page, I do some intuitive reading from the home page and notice this new feature for the first time. How long have we been doing this now? I could have included it in my article. Now I have to write another. You folks are slave drivers. Do as we do obsessives. Think as we think obsessives. I totally love this new feature. Every surviving directory will have it next year. Too early for me to suggest any improvements. I have to let the whole morning’s experience sink in and then write about it. EzineArticles is just too good for its own good.

Comment provided June 24, 2006 at 11:00 AM

Indeed, I scan the articles written on the email alerts of most of the categories here and read up on the categories where I lack knowledge to further my personal knowledge so that in the future when I have an idea, I have some knowledge to draw from. I would recommend that the writers who are specializing in categories or areas of expertise to use this awesome feature, to help you and your writing. You will learn new ways to approach the subject and be able to create new articles coming from different angles on the subject matter, thus allowing yourself to have additional perspectives and dive deeper into your subject matter and when you write about a subject coming from all angles and encircling the issues you end up with additional kay words in the articles. This is good because not all human brains are used in the same way or problem solve similarly and therefore you may reach a whole new audience of people who are looking for things and searching them in a different way. I hope all this makes sense. I think I should put together some more articles on this subject of how brains think and how Internet Article Marketers and writers can take advantage of this fact. Good stuff indeed.

Comment provided June 24, 2006 at 6:40 PM

Ed Howes writes:

You just wrote one Mr. Thinking Out Loud. Probably got ideas for ten more while you were at it. What’s the cure for hypercreativity?

Comment provided June 24, 2006 at 7:46 PM

What is the cure for Hyper-Creativity? Well, I think it maybe writing, drawing and putting it all down, so it does not over cloud your thoughts and thus allows you to move on. Ed, I think the cure was finding a place to put it all down on paper or in this case the Internet;

Thanks to the EzineArticles Team, Leonardo da Vinci leading by example and my web designer, I think I have found not the cure for hyper-creativity, but rather the way to increase it and control it. Hypomanic is what they call these things;

I jotted this down one day trying to reason with this. I think anyone can do it, just ditch any sense of limits, believe in self and never turn off your mind? I am not sure there is a cure or that anyone having it would want to lose the ability. But you make a very interesting point indeed. Well just thinking outloud on this subject of hyper creativity of course?

Comment provided June 24, 2006 at 8:52 PM

George Lockett writes:

Social networks are getting a lot of attention these days including Wikipedia, del.icio.us and MySpace. Along with the buzz, these sites are also generating a lot of traffc! How can you integrate links for these types of social network sites into your search engine marketing program?

My question is should we also set up links to our articles from these networks mentioned above? Do you see a benefit in this?

George

Comment provided June 24, 2006 at 10:24 PM

Chris Knight writes:

George,

Yes, we see benefit in social networking tools and I personally participate in many of the top social networks; both business and personal sites.

This is a two part challenge:

Part 1) Keeping good relations with other social networking sites because of our size and scale; our authors and traffic delivered to them could appear to be spammy to them when in fact, 99% of our authors are only interested in adding value to the process.

Part 2) Integrating social networking aspects into the EzineArticles user/author and publisher experience.

Yes, we’re working on it. :-)

Comment provided June 30, 2006 at 5:09 PM

Ramon Greenwood writes:

Help!

I need a recommendation on buying software for multiple distribution of e-zine articles?

Do such systems really work? Best two or three?

Many thanks…Ramon Greenwood