Interested in learning the secrets to get more comments left on your articles? Here are some of the secrets gleaned from the select few authors who seem to effortlessly attract quality comments (and a high volume of them):
1) Don’t wait for the universe to comment on your articles. Reach out and ASK them for comments by emailing your email newsletter audience or client list with a link to your new EzineArticles and asking them to add a comment to them.
2) Use your BLOG to mention your newest articles and ask them to add a comment.
3) In relevant forums (or one that you host), give a link to your new EzineArticles and share with them that you’d be honored if they’d post a comment or message.
Notice the theme here: You’re asking your readership to COMMENT on your articles. Yes, it’s as easy as asking for it.
4) Do not include a request in the ARTICLE itself to comment on itself as this makes no sense considering the syndication nature of your EzineArticles and the fact that someone reading them on another site that doesn’t have the ‘add a comment’ tool will confuse your readership.
5) When you send your ezine, blog, forum or home page request for your audience to add a comment on your articles, it’s ok to lead them with what TYPE of comments you’re looking for. Are you looking for stories, agreements or disagreements, opinions, counter-opinions, etc…
In addition to active strategies to attract comments to your EzineArticles, a passive strategy is to include your “Featured on EzineArticles.com” web buttons and making certain that they actively link to your articles rather than our home page. As much as we like the link to the home page, it’s in your best interest to have your link to your expert author URL (Example: http://ezinearticles.com/?expert=Christopher_Knight ) so that your visitors can instantly read your expertise.
Be certain that you ONLY send to permission-based email list members on your DOUBLE or CONFIRM OPT-IN about your new EzineArticles. It is NEVER ok to spam or send unsolicited emails to promote your articles.
Do you have a creative or effective way to attract comments to your articles? If so, please share your insights by adding a comment to this blog entry. :)