Got an Amazon.com ISBN?

Wanted: A small handful of EzineArticles expert authors (who already have their author photo and author bio uploaded to their membership account) to beta test a brand new feature that will insert up to 3 of your books into your extended author bio… so that I can show the members of our email newsletter how it’s done.

To participate, log into the beta site with your regular username & password, click on PROFILE MANAGER, click on EDIT AUTHOR BIO, select your author bio to edit, and then add up to (3) valid 10 or 13 digit ISBN numbers of books that will be found on Amazon.com. Click SAVE changes. You’ll find the book image, title, author name and link to the book on your extended author bio page.

Let us know what you think of this feature or how it should be changed/enhanced?

EzineArticles ExpertAuthors who are testing this new feature today so far: (my apologies if I missed you as I took the first handful that submitted an ISBN to their account)

I like the feature – it is quite simple to use. It would be nice to have some space for a brief intro or comment :

here are three books I recommend to clients
or
What’s on my desk…

Cynthia McKenna LPC, NCC

Comment provided June 7, 2006 at 9:22 AM

Edward Weiss writes:

Does it have to be books personally penned by authors or can we recommend books as well?

Question: is this an afilliate based feature and if so, who will be profiting; authors or EzineArticles?

Comment provided June 7, 2006 at 1:19 PM

Ed,

It is an affiliate program and EzineArticles will be earning the commissions from any sales that result.

This will keep our incentive high to continue investing in new strategies & partnerships to bring more traffic to your articles… and hey, you get the book sale if it’s your book that you listed in your account, so both the author and EzineArticles wins.

You get more book sales and another way to promote your expertise via social proof of your physical book on Amazon.

Comment provided June 7, 2006 at 1:33 PM

Also, we’re looking to change it from “Author Books” to “Recommended Books” so that it can be either, books you wrote or books you are reading or books you recommend.

Comment provided June 7, 2006 at 1:34 PM

This is great! I would like to link to my co-authored Franchising book on Amazon. What about a non-profit eBook on a website too:

This is a good idea.

Comment provided June 7, 2006 at 3:26 PM

Edward Weiss writes:

Duh. I completely missed that BOTH author and publisher benefit from this kind of affiliate set up. By the way, you may also want to do this for music CDs. :)

Comment provided June 7, 2006 at 11:21 PM

George Lockett writes:

Why not create a books section on the Web site that list all the books by Authors. I would prefer to keep it to the books written by authors who also write articles.

Why not make the books key word searchable as well so they come up in book searches on the site? May be this can be done automatically by keywords in the author’s bio or something or current article being viewed?

Thank you for adding this feature.

Love and Light

George

Comment provided June 8, 2006 at 5:53 AM

George,

As soon as there are many hundreds or thousands of ISBN’s databased by our expert authors, we’ll create a feature section for all of their books. Great idea.

We do want to allow DVD’s, CD’s and other audio products to be included as well by our authors, but are working out some ASIN snags at the moment.

Comment provided June 8, 2006 at 6:51 AM

Deanna writes:

I love this new feature and really like George’s suggestion as well!

Comment provided June 8, 2006 at 1:52 PM

Not only am I published on Amazon but have a series of e-manuals I’d like to promote. Any ideas on how your site might facilitate this?

Virden

Comment provided June 8, 2006 at 1:55 PM

Harry Seggu writes:

Chris, you are just great in what you do. Always seeking the best and improving your services that can benefit everyone that comes to your site.

Comment provided June 8, 2006 at 2:31 PM

Allinson, Sidney writes:

“Yesterday, we gave our EzineArticles.com blog audience the first peak of our new….”
Probably, you mean “peek.”

Comment provided June 8, 2006 at 2:31 PM

Allinson, Dohhh! Yes, that’s write! ;-) get it?

Comment provided June 8, 2006 at 2:35 PM

Arthur Levine writes:

Hi, I have added my photo and the ISBN # of my Amazon Book the Magic Of Faith. I see my picture but nothing on the book. Is there a waiting period until it is done?
Thanks,
Arthur Levine
arthur@faith-patch.com

Comment provided June 8, 2006 at 3:32 PM

I am truly impressed with the new site, it has so many features to allow authors to market themselves. I have one question about the ISBNs. Is it possible to have more than 3? Can you put on an option to add more if needed?

Comment provided June 8, 2006 at 3:52 PM

Jeanette Fisher writes:

Thank you Chris.

Do many people click on the extended author bio?

Should we rotate our books if we have more than three print books?

Comment provided June 8, 2006 at 9:16 PM

Shirley Parker writes:

Chris, a terrific idea! A caution, however…you also need to include the check digit “X” in the permitted ISBN numbers (case insensitive). A whole lot of books have that, including my Discoveries: A Journey Through Life. My publisher hasn’t yet provided me with the 13-digit conversion, so until it’s on their site, I can’t provide it, even if I go to an official website and convert it myself. Thanks again for another valuable option.

Comment provided June 8, 2006 at 9:47 PM

David Newman writes:

Terrific new feature – I just added 3 of my published books to the profile section. Keep up the good work, folks!

[Now I just have to find time to post more articles to get to my 10 so I can be a certified guru!!]

;o)

— David Newman

Comment provided June 9, 2006 at 6:57 AM

Thanks for letting us add our ISBN numbers to our biography. I would have liked to be able to add five because I’ve written in two genres of fiction, in enginering, and in vocational guidance. But having three will lead to some of my other stuff if anyone is interested. Actually I’ve over 77,000 visititors to my 354 articles on ezinemagazine.com and a couple thousand editor visits. But the number of visits to my personal site is pretty dismal.

Comment provided June 9, 2006 at 4:46 PM

What a great addition to an already great system. And so simple to add. Well done.

BRAD of Life On Purpose

Comment provided June 9, 2006 at 6:58 PM

Stephen Kaye writes:

Nice feature! Adds a whole lot more information which was just sitting there waiting to be asked for!

Comment provided June 11, 2006 at 12:59 AM

Shirley,

We now support the “X” in ISBN numbers. Thanks for the suggestion.

Comment provided June 14, 2006 at 8:59 AM

Arthur Levine writes:

Now I see it. What a great idea. This should be good for everyone.

Thanks,
Arthur

Comment provided June 14, 2006 at 12:22 PM

Shirley Parker writes:

Thanks, Chris! And Wally, too? I’ll list my ISBN rightaway.

Comment provided June 14, 2006 at 10:48 PM

Shirley Parker writes:

Oh, question… is it a big hassle for the staff if we change the order in which our ISBNs are listed?

Comment provided June 14, 2006 at 10:52 PM

Shirley,

You can change your ISBN’s around as much as you’d like.

Actually, our dev team gets the credit for pulling this functionality off.

Comment provided June 15, 2006 at 5:37 AM