CSV me ASAP

Translation: Authors can now DOWNLOAD and analyze their “MY ARTICLE REPORTS” in their favorite spreadsheet of choice (for most of us, that’s Microsoft Excel)!

This is only available to authors who use our Beta membership site.

CSV stands for “Comma-Separated Values” and it’s a file format that has fields separated by a comma character. Most spreadsheet programs can easily important them allowing for useful analysis and data manipulation.

To use this feature;

1) Log into the Beta site (only up for another 2 weeks or so until this replaces our current membership interface);

2) Click on AUTHOR TOOLS;

3) Click on VIEW MY ARTICLE REPORTS;

4) Sort the data by whatever sort order you want;

5) Click on the [Download CSV]

6) It’ll pop up and ask you to either open the file or save it to your hard drive. I’d recommend opening it up with EXCEL or saving it to your hard drive and then opening it up.

Do you think this new CSV download tool could be helpful?

:?)

Carol writes:

YES! Definitely and it’s a perfect follow-on fromt he printed version.

I’ve always kept a spreadsheet by copying and pasting the reports off your website, a bit of a pain if the reports extend over multiple pages/authors – this will make it so much easier.

All good stuff!

Cheers Chris,

Carol

[as per the 2nd point in your article ;‚¬)]

Comment provided June 1, 2006 at 4:06 PM

Jennifer Thieme writes:

I tried it. It’s interesting and easy. I don’t think I’ll use it, simply because I’m still pretty new here, but I could see how people with many articles might want to manipulate the data in different ways.

Comment provided June 1, 2006 at 4:35 PM

Rebecca Naylor writes:

Excellent idea! This will come in handy. I think the changes to the site are professional and helpful.

Comment provided June 1, 2006 at 6:21 PM

Ken Little writes:

Chris
I really like the look and feel of the beta version.

I think writers will find it “warm and inviting”.

Just checked out the CSV download function. It will be a great help in writing articles of aproven reader interest.
On my computer the download did not proceed as it generated a “blocked content” message. Not sure where that came from as Norton was turned off. This is probably an issue specific to my system.
Keep up the good work Chris.
I highly value the work of you and your Team in making this wonderful service available.

Success Does Belong To You
Ken Little
Ken@Young-at-Sixty.com
Ken@Articles-Profit.com

Comment provided June 1, 2006 at 7:53 PM

Edward Weiss writes:

Here’s something. Every time I login to the members area, I have to constantly reenter my username and password. Will the new members area utilize cookies so we don’t have input this all the time?

Comment provided June 1, 2006 at 8:41 PM

George Ritacco writes:

Good deal. A big help with tracking.

Comment provided June 1, 2006 at 9:59 PM

Ed,

Another option is for you to use FireFox. It’ll save your username and passwords for ya.

We’re going to add a cookie to beta.EzineArticles.com today to help those who don’t have browsers that can do this function. :)

Comment provided June 2, 2006 at 5:39 AM

Pamela Beers writes:

Cool bananas! When I went to leave a comment. all pertinent info for you folks was already typed in…very efficient. As usual, you guys/gals are the best.

Comment provided June 2, 2006 at 7:59 AM

Pamela,

Glad you liked that feature… It was one that’s on purpose as we wanted to lower the barrier to participation. :-)

Comment provided June 2, 2006 at 8:38 AM

The CSV download will be very helpful — would it be possibile to add the “category” column to this report?
Thanks again for your great work!

Comment provided June 2, 2006 at 3:03 PM

Yes, use Firefox. IE is wholly irrelevant and likely to cause you much aggravation and a whole lot of consternation.

MattK

Comment provided June 3, 2006 at 5:17 AM

Gabe,

Done. The category that each of your articles are in is now included in your downloadable CSV report.

Thanks for the suggestion!

Comment provided June 14, 2006 at 9:23 PM