MiniMe and Me

This week I’m in Phoenix Arizona for one of the mastermind groups I’ve been involved with for the past 5-7 years… but last week when I was in Wash. DC for Yanik’s event, I met VERN TROYER (aka, Mini-Me). Really nice guy (and no, I didn’t ask him about his experience on VH1’s Surreal Life)…but I’ve also recently learned that he doesn’t like being called “Mini-Me.” Ok, fair enough.
christopher knight and verne troyer

Edward Weiss writes:

He doesn’t like begin called mini-me? Too bad! That’s what he’s known for. If he’s going to do public appearances, he should develop a thicker skin cause he’s a celebrity whether he likes it or not.

In fact, without mini-me, he’d be known for nothing. Just my 2 cents.

Comment provided April 5, 2006 at 6:40 PM

Dina writes:

Wow, I love the new comment moderation system!

I think this is a very opportunistic time for Vern Troyer to pointedly request folks stop calling him “Mini Me.” It’s a way for him to brand himself by his real name. And he’s even stirring up a little controversy by making a big show of it. In the end, more people are going to remember his name. That could lead to future roles. Smart move.

Comment provided April 6, 2006 at 10:17 AM

Jennifer writes:

I thought most, if not all, actors did not appreciate being called by their character names.

Comment provided April 6, 2006 at 11:48 AM

If you paid me 5 figures to show up to sign autographs, I’d let you call me any name you’d like.

:-)

Comment provided April 6, 2006 at 12:25 PM

Edward Weiss writes:

Five figures you say? Wow! You could call me miniscule me or any other phrasing. I’d laugh all the way to the bank. What’s with these pseudo celebs and their enourmous ego anyway? No one ever heard of Vern Troyer before Austin Powers.

If I were him I’d be on my knees thanking Mike Myers for coming up with mini-me.

Comment provided April 6, 2006 at 3:24 PM

Mare writes:

One just has to wonder what kind of Mastermind can’t remember if they’ve been “involved with for the past 5-7 years” with a group. That’s quite a range.

Comment provided April 10, 2006 at 7:40 PM

Chris Knight writes:

Mare, I’ve been involved with this particular netpreneur group since July of 1999. Hey, are you picking on me? ;-)

Comment provided April 11, 2006 at 8:48 AM

Ed Howes writes:

Forgive us our offenses as we forgive offenders. As Roy Masters teaches, immediate forgiveness is much easier on everyone than forgiveness delayed, so the choice to be offended is a poor one in the first place. Some of us never come to this understanding because it has never been pointed out to us. Whose fault is that? The best question to use to point this out is: Why have you chosen to be offended? Very powerful way to help a person see they have made an unpleasant choice and need not repeat it.

Comment provided April 23, 2006 at 11:40 PM