EzineArticles Article Lifecycle

Brand new tool is available to help educate newbies as to the lifecycle of an article as it flows through the EzineArticles system. You can check it out here: Article Life Cycle

What do you think? How could we improve this training tool designed to help someone new to EzineArticles.com to visually & instantly understand the article submission and acceptance process?

Edward Weiss writes:

It’s so simple, even I understand it. Excellent job whoever did it. I guess you were having problems with some “not getting it.”

Now how about coming up with some nice reward ideas for Platinum level authors, i.e. free Ben & Jerry’s etc. when you reach 100 articles.. etc. :)

Comment provided April 13, 2006 at 7:59 PM

K Workman writes:

I thought the tool was very detailed and very clear. I was very impressed with the exposure that the accepted articles get.

Comment provided April 14, 2006 at 12:17 AM

Jennifer Thieme writes:

Very well done and easy to understand. I learned something new too: that each catagory has its own rss feed.

Comment provided April 14, 2006 at 9:50 PM

Nick Davis writes:

Very interesting. I wasn’t aware that notification of new articles was sent out in a daily email alert, by category. This suggests to me that it is better to submit (say) one article a day for a week rather than submit all seven articles on the same day.

Comment provided April 16, 2006 at 3:08 PM

I think the process is too slow, I think the time to get the article into circulation is not keeping with life at Internet speed. I think I could do better thus the reason for my critique. I believe that the authors lose massive benefits to timely articles especially on news type events. And believe you could do better, but would rather dazzle us with details, rather than speed up the process. I only care about winning, fastest possible turnaround and am not interested in excuses for slow performance. It is unfortunate the process is so slow. Authors lose advantage due to this, which can never be made up. I am not impressed. You can do better and should do better. Weakness is not an American Trait and it sure as heck is not an Internet Entrepreneurial Trait. If you want to run hard and take this to the next level you are going to have to do better. Your policy maybe well explained, but it is not acceptable on the Internet. Life goes at the speed of thought. So too should the articles be put into circulation. I have a rear end too, but I do not publicize my excuses.

Comment provided April 18, 2006 at 7:48 PM

Luigi Frascati writes:

I ‘somewhat’ agree with Lance, but not to his level of critique. I believe that your system is good, but that there is room for improvement.

In my view, the problem consists in the fact that there are too many Platinum-Status Authors, and only a handful of Editors reading the Articles they send in. Which, coupled by the myriads of Articles sent in by all the Basic and Basic Plus Authors, in turn means that you are swamped with Articles each and every single day, with the end result that publishing is necessarily slowed down. If this is the case, there are two solutions to speed up the publishing process: 1) increase your editorial staff – but this may no be cost effective or 2) raise the bar of the Platinum-Status level (or come up with a third designation, such as Diamond-Status, or Plutonium-Status, or …. well, you get the idea).

I would much rather see the Platinum-Status bar raised, essentially for two reasons: a) quality, which elevates the entire category of Platinum-Status Authors, irrespective of their field(s) of expertise and/or specialization. b) Because it reduces the number of Platinum-Status Authors, thus making the achievemt of this designation more valued even in the eyes of the Publishers that ultimately read, and hopefully publish, the contents of the Articles. And with the proximate result, furthermore, of streamlining publishing of Platinum-Status material.

Scarcity increases value, so to speak. Afterall, your recent decision of attaching an ‘Editor’s Choice’ logo on Articles follows the same economic principle.

All the best.

Comment provided April 22, 2006 at 1:40 AM

Ed Howes writes:

No text on link today. More, better, faster has its limits, if only temporary. I can’t criticize anything about the best free content directory on the net, even though I have the time. Since they make improvements on a near daily basis, I can barely keep up with the innovation. I’m so happy to be in the company of genius, every time I turn around in the cyber world.

Comment provided April 23, 2006 at 3:33 PM