About (3) weeks ago we abolished the “Registered Commentor” system for those who wanted to leave comments on any article and replaced it with a simple CAPTCHA code to authenticate the commentor as a human rather than a spamming machine.
For 2006, in January we had 117 comments, February 148 comments, March 190 comments, and this month… 464 comments sent in so far!
Lesson learned: Open system with CAPTCHA authentication allows 150% improvement in article comments vs. restricted commenting to registered commentors in a private system.
Here’s how to comment on any of the more than 150k+ articles in EzineArticles.com’s database:
- Go to http://EzineArticles.com/ and find an article about something of personal or business interest you want to comment on.
- Click on the “Comments” link directly under the TITLE of the article.
- Add your Comment
- Enter the CAPTCHA code to authenticate you are a human
- Within a business day or so, your comment will be reviewed by a human editor that is part of our comment management team.
- You will receive an email after your comment is approved.
It’s that simple!