Predictions for 2006

Article Writing & Syndication Predictions For 2006
(EzineArticles.com Slant)

1. Having 1,000s of good looking authors uploading their author photo has finally allowed us to create an “Is This Author Hot or Not?” website.

2. Expert author Lance Winslow cranks out 7,000 articles to set a pace no one can keep up with. Lance see’s his first million page views.

3. Many authors will knock their head on the desk in front of them after they fall asleep from endless reading about whether the duplicate content penalty buzz is real or not.

4. Stone Evan’s Plug In Profit disciples will spend 12,000 minutes submitting 1600 articles and creating 800 accounts that will all be deleted because they didn’t read the editorial guidelines prohibiting affiliate links. Lucky for them, many competitors have lower standards and accept their affiliate links and non-exclusive rights content.

5. Dina Giolitto’s First Annual Web Content Awareness Day on Feb 9th 2006 is a hit as she accidentally discovers that creating a holiday is a great way to attract expert authors to submit quality articles to her site.

6. EzineArticles.com staff realizes that with broadband wireless connectivity, they can live and manage the behind-the-scenes work from any location on Earth; relocates world headquarters to the island of St. Martin.

7. Someone’s Ghostwriter dies and shows up on the TV show “Ghost Whispers” to reveal 200 volumes of un-published 400 word articles.

8. Another natural disaster strikes and hundreds of authors begin writing furiously to help provide information for the needy… Move over HAM radio operators, expert authors are coming to save the day in the way they know how.

9. Many of the “article vomit” spit swap sites go out of business, choking on their own cesspool of auto-created article crap because they were too un-creative to write their own articles. Mothers of these children reported to be embarrassed.

10. (7) of the “I Love EzineArticles.com” mugs given to the top couple of hundred Platinum authors show up on eBay as authors rush to cash in on the limited edition mugs.

Matthew Keegan writes:

LOL…love them all!

For #5, Dina’s Web Content Awareness Day, we should make it into a “Hallmark Holiday” where people will rush out or click online to buy a card, a small gift, etc.

Move over Valentine’s Day and I want the day off from work too!

Comment provided December 30, 2005 at 9:00 AM

Priya Shah writes:

Hopefully 2006 will see international authors get “I Love EzineArticles.com” mugs too :-)

Comment provided December 30, 2005 at 9:00 AM

Dee writes:

#4, Stone Evan’s Plug In Profit disciples will spend 12,000 minutes …

I take it this has been a big problem for EzineArticles.com. I’ve been on the moon lately so I just heard about this PIP site. ;) The whole concept sounds pretty hokey to me though. Is there anything legit and worthwhile about PIP at all?

Comment provided December 30, 2005 at 10:12 AM

Dina writes:

Okay first of all, Chris, this whole thing is hilarious. For some reason I cannot stop giggling about “someone’s ghostwriter dies and shows up on the Ghost Whisper with 200 volumes of 400 word articles.”

Second: Matt, I think you just hit on something really big there. I was thinking along those lines but you just defined an idea for me… THANKS!

Happy New Year, Everybody!!

Dina

Comment provided December 30, 2005 at 1:27 PM

DeAnna Spencer writes:

I love the one about the mugs winding up on ebay.
That was too much…
DeAnna

Comment provided December 31, 2005 at 4:14 PM

KenLittle writes:

Hi Chris and Team
Content awareness idea is a great one.

May you all have a Peace-Filled New Year

Success Belongs to You
Kenneth Little

Comment provided December 31, 2005 at 8:18 PM

Carl Bromley writes:

I predict that there will be a lot of Google hits on “First Annual Web Content Awareness Day” before February 9th. As of 1:00 am today, there were 196. Will the number of Google hits on Feb 9th be closer to 1000 or 10,000? 100,000?

Comment provided January 7, 2006 at 12:34 AM

Dina writes:

Hi Carl,

Thanks for the support. I’m definitely learning a lot about the search engines while promoting this web holiday.

First, you’ll get more hits if you search just the words “Web Content Awareness Day” as opposed to the long search that you did.

Second, hits have been as far up as ten thousand and in a matter of three days they’ve dropped to 900.

From yesterday to today, they’ve dropped another hundred.

Signal: GET MORE PR OUT THERE! I think that the live feeds from blogs and press releases are responsible for the spikes (high numbers, short duration of time.

I can’t help noticing that article marketing is much better for the long term than PR or blogging, as articles tend to remain on the net much longer.

Sign: GET THOSE ARTICLES WRITTEN AND SUBMITTED!

If you’d like to discuss Google traffic patterns in more detail, you may email me, as it’s a privilege that Chris has added my holiday to his blog. Here, the focus should primarily be on him and his article marketing endeavors.

Dina

Comment provided January 7, 2006 at 9:36 AM

Craig writes:

I think it is funny that you mock Stone’s “disciples”. While it may be true that the majority of PIPS owners don’t know everything when they start their business, that is the whole point. Stone makes it possible for people with little or no experience to get a start in the Internet marketing world for a reasonable cost.

Remember that for every 800 Plug In Profit members who open an account with you and have their articles deleted because they didn’t read the TOS, there are many times more PIPS owners who are successful and who are contributing to your article database (maybe without you even knowing it). :)

Comment provided January 14, 2006 at 5:23 PM