Your Article Author Goals?

Reply to this blog post with what your specific and measurable article author short-term goals are…say between now and January 1st, 2006.

What are your specific and numeric article author goals?

ie: How many articles will you be writing this month, next month, the rest of this quarter, etc?

Tell us your goals by adding a comment to this thread.

What are my goals, you ask?

To have Wally, our Managing Editor, hire 2 more full time Associate Editors by November so that we can keep up with your article writing goals. :-)

My goals is to have 3000 articles by Jan. 1 and 3/4 of a million (750,000) article views by then. Currently at 2575 articles and 610,000 article views. This is going to be a tough one indeed, some say impossible, yet something inside is saying “oh yeah, watch me!” Time will tell, the race has begun. What about you? You got the spirit?

Comment provided October 27, 2005 at 8:31 AM

addie writes:

Right now I’m playing “catch-up” after experiencing a computer disaster and probably will be until the end of this month. Then…however, I am aiming for an article a day. For me, right now, that seems attainable. Why only one, you ask (sure I’d like it to be more)? Because my budget is nil, whatever articles I write are also manually distributed, which can take quite a bit of time…as some of you well know. I am building my site with very little knowledge (I know it’s sloppy…I’m working on that) and a whole lot of good old fashioned sweat. I’m also working on an ebook and watching 2 little ones quite regularly. Spare time? What’s that?

425 articles to go? 7 a day…doable, yes…overload, most likely. All power to you!

Comment provided October 27, 2005 at 1:03 PM

Jean Tracy writes:

I hope to write 2 or 3 each month. I have 10 now.

Jean Tracy

Comment provided October 27, 2005 at 3:04 PM

swati writes:

this month i am writing 2-3 articles, my goal is to write more and more articles to earn more profit.

Comment provided October 28, 2005 at 9:07 AM

Srinivasan writes:

Goal setting is dangerous because you got to achieve it. O.K. I am now committed. 4 articles at the minimum every month. I got 64 in one year almost so far.

Srinivasan

Comment provided October 28, 2005 at 1:28 PM

Janice writes:

I am trying to write an article a day although I don’t always manage it as I also need to write some articles for my site (which are for members only) and some for my newsletters which I won’t publish elsewhere for a few weeks.

Although I have loads of ideas for articles, it takes me about an hour to write an article, and about the same to load it to various directories. That’s a big enough chunk out of my day as I am continuing to develop my site, marketing, tools and products.

Janice

Comment provided October 28, 2005 at 1:35 PM

Arthur Levine writes:

I am currently submitting 4 articles a month and expect to at least double that in the coming month.
arthur

Comment provided October 30, 2005 at 7:39 PM

Jeanette writes:

I expect to learn from Jeff Herring how to write shorter articles and churn them out like all the other expert authors. I just hope we don’t all get caught up in writing short articles with no substance and turn readers off. I’d be happy to post one article per day. However, I’m taking December off. Is there a way to submit articles with a publication delay? There is a direct correlation to submitting articles to my book sales on Amazon and I’d like to keep selling in December.

Comment provided October 30, 2005 at 8:31 PM

Olena Gill writes:

Due to increasingly hectic schedule, I definitely expect to submit about 2-3 per month, however plan to churn out at least 5 per month starting in the new year.
Olena

Comment provided October 30, 2005 at 8:56 PM

Judy writes:

I just started submitting articles this past week. I have 8 articles todate .. I plan to write a minimum of 10 articles a week. It may turn out to be fewer than that over the holidays – goal minimum 60 articles by the January 1, 2006.

Comment provided October 30, 2005 at 9:19 PM

Linda writes:

My goal isn’t a number. It’s a level of quality.

My “Google Vision Secret” article has been reprinted on over 100 sites so far. My “People Make Such Ridiculous Claims” article (just posted here today) has one of the highest “stickiness” factors at Conversion Chronicles.

With all the poor quality articles turned out today, I believe that if I focus on quality, I’ll see that reflected in the subscriber numbers to my new “Website Magic” list. ; )

Comment provided October 30, 2005 at 11:47 PM

Larry M. Lynch writes:

Like a number of other prolific article writers I use templates to help me to write more quickly. I don’t use Jeff Herring’s, although I’m certain there’re excellent. I have developed my own sets of writing templates based on the kind of writing I produce or article series that I’ve seen and like. My first post on EzineArticles was in mid September and as of today, October 31st, I have 33 articles up. My goal for the end of October was 30 so it was exceeded. By the end of 2005 my goal is 50. Maybe 100 will be reached shortly after that if I rely heavily on article templates. I encourage everyone to produce quality articles on a regular basis and not get intimidated by cranking out “numbers”. Unfortunately, many “articles” I’ve read on EzineArticles I wouldn’t call articles.

Thanks for reading this.

Comment provided October 31, 2005 at 4:50 PM

I have written a book about Hube Yates, a native Oklahoman, titled “From Thunder to Breakfast.”
The son of James Yates, a minister, he and his large family moved from Guthrie to Phoenix. The year was 1914, and he was eleven. He lead an adventurous life, always a horseman and, fortunately for us, he had an outstanding sense of humor. Hugh Downs wrote the foreword for us.

My intention is for our book to become a best-seller on Amazon.com on November 29, 2005. If I can get thousands of people to order on that day, it will happen. Reviews have been excellent. If you don’t like to do business on the Internet, it can be ordered from Xlibris by calling
toll-free 1-888-795-4274.

Present-day Oklahomans probably never heard of Hube Yates. They should get acquainted. They’d enjoy this personable, adventurous man who didn’t like bullies. Sample chapters can be read at Amazon.com (click “Inside the Book”) or at Xlibris.com/bookstore.

If you would like more description of the book, please send me your e-mail address at ggarrison@sedona.net.

Comment provided November 1, 2005 at 10:48 AM

Dawn writes:

My goal is to write a minimum of 10-15 more articles between now and the new year. Quality is always a must. My current topic is wedding-related, as weddings are my specialty. But I intend to cover some new topics in 2006 in addition to all things wedding. I’m looking forward to the new year.

Comment provided November 1, 2005 at 1:12 PM

We sure have some incredible goals here, wow, very impressive indeed. On October 27, 2005 when I posted my objectives I was at: 2575 articles and 610,000 article views. Today is November 2, 2005 and I am at 2740 units and 657,777 article views. My goal as stated is still: My goals is to have 3000 articles by Jan. 1 and 3/4 of a million (750,000) article views by then. I am one-third the way to my article goals and less than 100,000 article views away from 3/4 of a million. So, Therefore I will succeed at the 750,000 article views if I stop writing, but I have 260 articles to go. I am calling them units, but 260 articles in 2 months may be impossible; I am told by many, as that is over 4.333333 Articles per day and that is a boatload indeed. Maybe I should quit now, because it seems so difficult and everyone says I cannot do it?

I am certainly impressed indeed with the lofty goals, shear will and complete dedication, determination and commitment of this group of authors, no wonder EzineArticle Authors have made this the number one site for online article distribution on the Planet.

Comment provided November 2, 2005 at 5:25 AM

Curt Graham writes:

Hi Chris,

Several of my articles are already on your article directory, and are a mix of topics. However, I am concentrating on article topics that relate to a few websites that I will have up soon.

So the content must be prime as well as interesting to read–a focus on 3 or 4 topics. I will be satisfied if I can create 2 articles a month that will mean something, and be of value to those who read them.

Helpful, practical, usable, and new information are my generic keywords for my articles.

Have a great day,

Curt

Comment provided November 2, 2005 at 3:14 PM

The only way to accomplish a goal is to set strategic objectives. On October 27, I set some lofty goals. ‚¬“My goal is to have 3000 articles by Jan. 1 and 3/4 of a million (750,000) article views by then.‚¬ At that time I had 2575 articles and 610,000 article views. I admitted the tough nature of this lofty goal. In October I posted 570 articles.

On November 2, 2005 I complete one-third of my goal with less than 100,000 article views away from 3/4 of a million. At that point I knew I would succeed at the 750,000 article views if I stopped writing, but I had 260 articles to go on that day. This reduced my must write over 4.333333 Articles per day to get to my goal by January 1, 2005.

Today is November 14, 2005 and I have 2871 articles and 129 articles left to get to the impossible goal of 3000 articles. I have 702,000 article views and need 48,000 more to get to my 750,000 article view goal by January 1, 2006. To complete my goal on time I must write 2.1 articles per day or I will fail. But my average is 12 per day currently, so I am moving up my goal to December 1, 2005 to succeed a month earlier? Since no one has ever written 3000 articles in 9 months before, we do not know if this is indeed possible. I believe it is and am therefore raising the bar and going for it. Think on this and what you can do?

Comment provided November 14, 2005 at 3:49 PM

Although I am not a writer, a pure novice, I have accomplished the impossible goals I set out to do. I have completed my 3000th artile on 11/19 ahead of my orginal target date of Jan. 1, 2006and the revised date of 11/30. In october I posted 570 articles and wrote 285,000 words. This month so far I have written 425 articles and beat my best estimates. I can tell you this, setting goals and sticking to them works.

Comment provided November 19, 2005 at 8:17 PM

Today is December 1, 2005; I have beaten my goal of 750,000 article views by 7500. If you will recall my goal was orginally to accomplish 3000 articles and 750,000 article views by Jan 1. My comment upon the completion of this goal is this. I often find humans to be rather big talkers and under achievers, not willing to do what it takes to accomplish the mission. This weakness is unfortunate for such a species at the top of their food chain. I wish more people would do what they say, over deliver and do what ever it takes. I wish you all well, but also wish to kick you in the ass a little to get your butts moving.

Comment provided December 1, 2005 at 5:47 PM

On October 27, 2005 at 8:30am, I, Lance Winslow, committed to have 3000 articles by January 1, 2006 and 750,000 article views; at the time I had only 2575 articles and 610,000 articles views. With regards to this lofty goal I stated; “This is going to be a tough one indeed, some say impossible, yet something inside is saying “oh yeah, watch me!” Time will tell” and the race had begun.

Today is January 1, 2006 and I have surpassed this goal and now have 3333 articles written. I have surpassed that goal by 333 articles and written 758 articles since that goal was made in roughly three months time. Instead of 750,000 article views, action has rewarded me, as action always rewards life; with 844,800 article views. Thus surpassing my goal by 94,800 article views. This is 235,000 article views in about 3-months. Actually the goal, which was set for 3000 articles was accomplished on November 19 and I did not write an article for 3 weeks and resumed again on December 15 and write 333 articles to finish out the year. On December 1 my article views surpassed my goals a month early, thanks to EzineArticles.com and my robust article posting campaign.

I would like to make a point here. I am not a writer, yet if a non-writer can do this, then anyone can. I indicated that time would tell and indeed it has, I have surpassed my goals that others said was impossible. I have surpassed these goals by a wide margin; you can too. For those who tell others it cannot be done, I say to you; Oh yah, watch us! Time, thats right; Time will tell. Tell me your goals for 2006 are you going to make them happen or tell others they cannot achieve theirs? Think on this in 2006.

Comment provided December 31, 2005 at 11:12 PM