* The real magic behind article syndication is that related ezine publishers and webmasters pick up your articles — further providing you with targeted traffic relating to your niche.
* Often you can’t buy the kind of value that having just one of your articles sent to a related niche email newsletter with the implied endorsement by the publisher of that ezine.
* Reiteration of everything we do to drive traffic to your articles beyond what the search engines provide…email alerts, RSS feeds, etc.
* How we want to position EzineArticles as an ally to the search engines — We want to to provide them with high quality original or exclusive licensed content that answers the needs of their users. When a user of a major search engine comes to our site and has their needs met, then we have succeeded at making the search engines look good.
* Title intelligence importance combined with natural language.
* I leaked that we have an enormous amount of back-end tracking to identify authors who send in substantially duplicate content so that we can remove their articles and ban them.
* Tip for newbie authors with us: Don’t repeat the TITLE of your article at the top of the ARTICLE BODY.
* Tip: Don’t write for keyword density, but rather share your passion and expertise in natural language.
* Good article size is 250-650 words with 450 words being the sweet spot or perfect article size.
* Reiteration of my “Article Agents” theory.
* Once you force yourself to think in 250-500 word articles and you write a few dozen of them…it becomes easy to do…to the point where your brain begins to write the articles while you’re daydreaming.
* What’s with the 80% of our 13k expert authors that only send in a small handful or articles and then disappear? What clues are they missing that our top 20% gets?
* Article BODY is the “Give” and the RESOURCE BOX is the “Take.”
* Use your RESOURCE BOX to LEAD GENERATE, moreso than drive sales directly.
* Don’t blow off the keywords part of each of your article submissions. They are more important than you think.
* How we balance the many constituents of our site…
* Reminder that Google AdWords buyers can TARGET EZINEARTICLES.com in their campaigns so that their ads can show up on our site specifically.
* Critical mass for those who want to leverage article marketing, then target 250 articles…and if you want to own your niche, focus on 2,500 articles. Yes, it can be done and others have done it before.
* Be careful to not buy non-exclusive rights or private labeled articles as we consider these trash and we work hard to reject these in our effort to keep duplicate content off our site.
If you took a listen to this podcast, please post any other insights or questions you had from it: