Jeff Herring Teleclinic Simulcast

Got a question for the Article Guy, Jeff Herring, or your guest host, Christopher Knight of EzineArticles.com for today’s Article Writing and Marketing Teleclinic?

Questions or comments can be on any article writing, marketing or syndication topic.

Fill out your name, email address below (will not be public), your optional URL, and your comments. I’ll be reviewing comments submitted every few minutes during the hour teleclinic tonight and will approve any that aren’t spam

Link for the Article Marketing Cheat Sheet:

Express Start Training 6 Hours for $197 with Jeff:

Jeff’s 20 Article Templates:

Testimonial from someone who invested in the article templates:

“Jeff, your article templates give away too much! You should
charge $500 for this jam-packed ebook! I especially like
Template #15. Thank you for sharing your expertise. I honestly
thought I wouldn’t learn anything new. What a surprise to
actually get more than my money’s worth!”

Jeanette Joy Fisher – EzineArticles.com Expert Author
Joy to the Home, Design Psychology

Wally’s notes from the teleclinic:

o) Do 7 tips idea and then expand each of the 7 tips to create instant articles.

o) How to convert? Answer a burning question, solve a problem.

o) SYSTEM stands for: Save YourSelf Time Energy & Money.

o) Confused prospects don’t become clients. Make it easy for them to know what to do in order to buy from you.

Do you have any suggestions for ad tracking software and/or techniques?

Comment provided October 25, 2005 at 7:08 PM

Carol Bentley writes:

Do you bother to check if anyone else has written about the same subject that you are planning to write on in order to make sure you’re approaching it from a different angle?

Comment provided October 25, 2005 at 7:30 PM

My belief is 1 great aricle is worth far more than 10 so-so articles. Why would people publish my typo filled so-so article?

Comment provided October 25, 2005 at 7:32 PM

Monikah writes:

How many articles do I have to write to reach critical mass? What ratio do you notice works for you: Articles written to visitors to subscribers to customers/clients?

Comment provided October 25, 2005 at 7:41 PM

Helen Wilkie writes:

Jeff, submitting article is time consuming. Is it better to send 100 articles to one site like EzineArticles.com, or send one to 100 article sites?

Helen

Comment provided October 25, 2005 at 7:43 PM

Jacob writes:

My product is broadband internet access via satellite. I can only write so much about this subject. Is it ok to write about internet related topics like “how to order photos online” or would this not attract my target buyer. My niche is a very small market, I am only looking for rural people that are forced to be on dial-up because they dont have access to DSL or cable.

Comment provided October 25, 2005 at 7:44 PM

To follow up on the tracking software question, are tracking links allowed in the resource box?

Thanks

Comment provided October 25, 2005 at 7:50 PM

Would u recommend breaking down already published articles into smaller ones?

Comment provided October 25, 2005 at 8:04 PM

Ken writes:

Just wanted to say great job of Social Proof on the call two thumbs up

Comment provided October 25, 2005 at 8:29 PM

Marlene writes:

As you can see, I did not follow ANY format of any kind. How do I make this article more attractive?

Comment provided October 25, 2005 at 9:31 PM

Judy H. Wright writes:

Hello from beautiful Montana:

Is the resource box and summary included in the word count? Thanks for the informative tele-class tonight. I learned a lot.
Judy H. Wright

Comment provided October 25, 2005 at 9:54 PM

Jeff, If I’m not an “expert” on a subject I am interested in, is it best to become an “expert” in one subject (or a couple)? Or should I still send out articles on any of my subjects provided I am comfortable with what I know and believe they will be accepted by the article directories.

Thanks
Carmel Muggeridge

Comment provided October 26, 2005 at 3:43 AM

BZ Riger-Hull writes:

Jeff, Do you see any difference in the effectiveness of articles for driving traffic based on article length. I have noticed a lot of your recent articles, searched on EzineArticles.com are under 500 words closer to 300. Has this get in and get out type of article proved to be more effective in getting people to click on your links in your resource box?

Comment provided October 26, 2005 at 9:23 AM

Hi, Chris Knight here, wanted to give some quick thoughts/answers to some of the questions:

1) Ad tracking URL’s: I don’t recommend them. You just don’t have enough flow going on with less than a few hundred articles to matter. Better to just crank out the quality origiginal articles. If you want to track which one does better, go look at your EzineArticles members only traffic reports.

2) I don’t care if someone else wrote about a topic I’m writing about. I just write about what I know to be true for me…

3) 100 articles submitted to one place will do more than 1 article submitted to 100 places …anyday, hands down…especially if that 1 place is EzineArticles.com. What? You expected me to say anything different? :)

4) Jeff mentioned that critical mass was at 25 articles or more. I think critical mass is 250 or more for more authors and 2500 or more for those who want to play with the big dogs.

5) No matter what your topic, there is no reason why anyone with some creativity couldn’t hammer out 2000 articles on the topic. I know I could do it. You can too. Jump in Jeff’s 6 hour express start article authoring program and I’m sure you’ll have the tools you need to do it.

6) Jeff had recommended 250 word articles. I recommend 250-450 word articles.

7) The resource box is included in the total word count but the summary is not…at least for our site.

8) For those interested in becoming an expert on multiple topics, read this relevant blog post:

9) The more articles you have in syndication, the more article agents you have selling for you.

Thanks again to all of our VIP guests for participating on the teleclinic last night. :-)

Now, get busy and send in your best original quality articles!

Cheers,
Chris Knight

Comment provided October 26, 2005 at 2:10 PM

Kathryn Bechen writes:

Jeff, Your article templates are superb!! They make the article writing process a breeze. I’m looking forward to using them to be able to write articles the easy way and avoid reinventing the wheel! Thanks a million. Kathryn Bechen

Comment provided October 27, 2005 at 4:18 PM

Hello Everyone!

Thanks again for your participation in Tuesday night’s teleclinic on article writing and marketing.

You were a great audience, and laughed in all the right places!

I’m dropping in to answer a few of the questions on the blog…I think I’ll do the firts 3 or 4 and then drop back in again for some more.

1. I don’t use ’em. I find that two much easier
strategies are easier for me:

1 – type the title of the article in quotation marks into google or yahoo and the results show me where that article is being used, and

2 – use the “my article reports” feature on EzineArticles.com to see how many times an article has been viewed – it’s good market research as well.

2. I would not worry if someone else is writing on a topic. All you have to do is write from your expertise and your heart and you will have a unique slant on the topice – YOURS.

3. The not quite perfect article out there marketing for you beats the stuck in the pursuit of perfection article hibernating in your computer 100% of the time. As hockey great Wayne Gretsky said:

“You miss 100% of the shots you don’t take.”

That’s all for now. I’ll be back with some more answers to your questions later.

Best to you!