Article Announcement Lists

Last night I lead my 3rd of 3 Teleclinics as part of my Article Marketing mentoring group and one of the things I was covering was a brief overview of how Jason Potash’s ArticleAnnouncer works.

One of the things his software helps automate is the sending of articles to email announcement lists like Kevin Bidwell’s ArticleAnnounce lists and so forth.

I asked my teleclass students (about 30 of them) if anyone has ever had any kind of success from sending their article to an email announcement list? …then the line went silent and I could hear crickets.

My question to you: Have you ever had any success with sending your articles to public article announcement email lists?

Kevin Bidwell writes:

Hey Chris – great point (as always)

A couple more thoughts..

Content driven marketing is the main source for my 5.1 million visitors. (That sounds better with a Dr. Evil impersonation and a pinky raised to the corner of mouth.)

Posting to my article groups – – is a great start to generating traffic, sales, etc., but most people stop there.

Article submissions work best when they are part of an overall strategy.

When you couple article submission with a comprehensive marketing strategy, you create a synergy far beyond submission alone.

If I submit articles where I have taken time to identify hot-button keywords, then my articles are going to get published more often. If I make content a lead generator it increases my ability to get the same people back again and again to my website. Timely content on a current event can get me tons of one-way, targeted incoming links.

These types of strategies work to increase visitors, sales and advertising income.

Keep up the good work,
Kevin Bidwell

Comment provided August 5, 2005 at 10:54 AM

I haven’t tried any automated article submission techniques or article announcement lists. However, a couple of weeks ago I received my first submission from one of those automated products.

I listed my newsletter on a few directories in the hopes of attracting subscribers. I actually don’t accept submissions and only use my own original articles.

The first few submissions I received, I wrote back personally and actually referred them to the Ezine Article website as a place to submit their work.

But the submissions kept coming, and had less and less to do with the subject matter of my newsletter.

By the time I got the automated one I’d grown pretty weary of the emails. But it felt SO impersonal and SO much like a shot-in-the-dark “spam” email, I wondered also if anyone has any success this way.

Comment provided August 5, 2005 at 9:41 PM

Judy H. Wright writes:

Hello from beautiful Montana:

I was not on the tele-class and so I may be asking a question that has already been covered. Is Jason’s system the kind you are talking about?

I write original articles and submit them frequently to mainline magazines as well as ezines. There are quite a few posted on my website in addition to Christopher’s. However, I do not have a good system for knowing what has gone where, when and why. There seems to be time to write, or time to manage the website, but not both!

Thanks for sharing your expertise.

Judy H. Wright
Parent educator and author

Comment provided August 9, 2005 at 1:07 PM

Dy Witt writes:

If by “public article announcement lists”,you mean Yahoo Groups, I have to say a hearty NO. I got the posting addresses from EzineArticles’ site, and tried sending them 20 or more times. I kept getting them returned, so I finally gave up. Dy Witt

Comment provided August 9, 2005 at 2:43 PM

Anita writes:

I usually use yahoo groups and some of them were resent to me. If any one of you use any other article announcers then email me

Comment provided August 10, 2005 at 4:46 AM

Jeanette writes:

I tried the original ArticleAnnouncer, but I had too many problems with it. I’m too busy to learn the new system. Is it easier and worth the expense? I was going to sign up for the new ArticleAnnouncer with Chris so I could attend his teleclass, but I had to teach the same times. Sorry I missed your Article Marketing mentoring group Chris!

Like Linda, I hate all the automated submissions I get for my ezines. My email accounts get jammed up and this makes me mad at the senders. Plus, why do these writers send submissions to autoresponder addresses? If we all start listing these submission addresses as SPAM, they will have a hard time getting through to other legitimate addresses. Therefore, I just delete and don’t report SPAM.

As far as submitting to article announcement email lists, I have paid someone to do this for me and it was effective.

Why do you want to keep track of where your articles go? With over 15,000 Internet listings for me, I couldn’t possibly check them all.

Thank you Chris for EzineArticles.

Comment provided August 10, 2005 at 5:03 PM