1,000 Articles

New Milestone: Congratulations are in order to Lance Winslow for being the first author to reach the 1,000 article level. Wow! Way to set the pace Lance!

Check it out for yourself:

Read Lance’s 1,000th article:
1,000 Ways to Improve Your Business

Who will be the next ‘Lance Winslow’ to reach the 1,000 article level?

edward writes:

1000 articles. Amazing. I just wonder if Lance is really an “expert” on everything he writes about. If so, he really is amazing. If not, he might have to restrict himself to car washing articles.

Comment provided May 23, 2005 at 10:30 AM

Chris Knight writes:

Best way to master something is to teach it. In that sense, Lance is learning as he’s teaching.

There is no doubt that he’s an expert on the car wash industry and he does seem to have a specialization in franchising — but whether he really is an expert or not, his articles are consistently high quality and we’re glad to support him.

Perhaps the lesson is this: You don’t have to be perfect to be the expert. Just put yourself out there and learn from the experience. :)

Comment provided May 23, 2005 at 10:39 AM

Dina Giolitto writes:

Dear “Ed,”

Are ANY of us really “Experts?”

Is an author who lifts information from someone else on the internet and manipulates into his own writing, a true expert… or is he a copycat? Am I this type of expert? Are you?

If Lance Winslow can write one thousand-plus articles as effortlessly as breathing, and in doing so, put his infinite ideas, innovation, benevolent philosophy and brilliantly powerful higher thinking into action… thereby initiating positive change… who is anyone here to say he’s not an expert?

His credentials are with the carwashing and franchising industries, and if you read his articles, you’ll see he’s an expert in that regard. But he’s also expert in the assimilation of ideas and information.

A great way to tell if an article is backed by expertise of ANY kind, is to gauge it for intrinsic value. Never mind the grammar. If after reading it, do you feel FULL of new ideas and information? Does that article contain practical knowledge that someone else can use?

Lance Winslow is spreading his wonderful ideas around like a billion positively-charged ions.

That’s an expert to me.

Dina Giolitto

Comment provided May 23, 2005 at 11:24 AM

Edward writes:

Here is a definition of what “expert” means from Wikipedia:

An expert is someone widely recognized as a reliable source of knowledge, technique, or skill whose judgement is accorded authority and status by the public or their peers. Experts have prolonged or intense experience through practice and education in a particular field. The opposite of an expert is generally known as a layperson, while someone who occupies a middle grade of understanding is generally known as a technician and often employed to assist experts.

Now, I assume the term “expert author” refers to someone being an expert in their field. If Lance is indeed an expert in all the subjects he writes about – more power to him. If not, he should not misrepresent himself.

Comment provided May 23, 2005 at 12:12 PM

WOW, my gosh, thanks for all the support everyone it was a lot of hard work and of course I have a lot more to do indeed. Many more articles to do. I do have one comment for Ed below and thanks everyone. I a happy to be part of the EzineArticles group of authors where some of the best articles on the Internet from so many nations of the world come to display their knowledge for the betterment of mankind.

In the article of ‚¬“1000 Ways,‚¬ I stated that I recommend authors write articles that they are an expert or borderline expert in. I did not say; ‚¬“I am an expert or borderline expert in all the industries of all the articles I have written,‚¬ although now challenged I will admit that in fact I am. I do not misrepresent myself, yet I challenge you Ed to identify himself.

Now that I have been challenged by Ed; I hereby wish him to reveal his true identity to all of us and not remain a faceless critic. I wish to read all these articles written by Ed and challenge his expert status and he may challenge me on any topic he wishes in any articles I have written or have yet to write; who said I was stopping at 1000. He may debate points of contention or offer critique of such points with REAL observational experience or actual knowledge. I hereby challenge you; Ed.

Not because I want to prove something, as I have nothing to prove and I am not selling anything in my articles. My goal is to make people think. We must shut down the critics of those who push the limits to press on. We cannot allow people to spit in the face of winners like Lance Armstrong in the Tour de France. Bill Gates was attacked verbally on Bulletin Boards regarding open source software as he got going, today he is the largest philanthropist in the history of human civilization; what if he just got tired of being called the anti-Christ and never gave back anything? We must turn off the sound of those who condemn those who persevere and dedicate themselves to maintain the forward progression of mankind. We should applaud the shear will and human intent that drives those who are willing to take some hits along the way but are so full commitment and dedication. I am not necessarily speaking of me; I can handle such critique thru many years of defense of the peanut galleries of this life experience. My comments and statement is about what is wrong with society in general and the Ed’s of the world.

There is a lesson here for those critique that which they do not understand in PC sewage world of mediocrity. Where are your 1000 articles? Before you condemn any one author on EzineArticles.com you need to move out of your Glass House Ed. Mine is made of steel, would you like to discuss that industry with me; how about other heavy industry, mining or raw materials? Or perhaps Glass?
http://www.WindowWashGuys.com. How about Agriculture? http://www.tractorwashguys.com . Aviation: http://www.aircraftwashguys.com ; Trucking; http://www.truckwashguys.com ; Oil? http://www.OilChangeGuys.com . As a matter of fact pick any topic on this site: http://www.WorldThinkTank.net/wttbbs . Internet marketing? We get traffic Ed, lots of it, too much. We could discuss politics, ever been in public office. Want to discuss religion, paranormal, brainwaves, artificial intelligence, robotics, water, BioTech, real estate? Pick a subject Ed, you challenge my expert status after 27 years working 17 hour days with less then 10 days off? What about your score card Ed are you a non-linear thinker? Or better yet, write some articles and then we can debate those and condemn you on your abilities, strength of character and make innuendos of about your ethics and cast doubts of misrepresentation on your name. Should we do that Ed? Of course not, why would we do that; you are a sincere person correct? So why are you doing it to others of your lesser writing abilities in this shallow game of degradation? I believe an apology is owed

And remember Ed, I take absolutely no personal offense to your comments as they are merely not so. I admit, my writing skills need work and I am learning and growing and working on it. However I completely disagree with your condemnation of anyone who has the work ethic to put up even 50 articles, that in itself is a feat. Those who can write 100, 200 or 1000 plus, let us give them all applause, wow. Let’s live in reality Ed, we can start by knowing your real name, business and profession. I hereby challenge you to reveal the truth so we can be sure you are not misrepresenting it. . Lot different when the question of motivation is redirected isn’t it; Call me a mirror if you want, nothing sticks to my refrigerator. Your call, stand tall and do tell all. The Whole Truth Ed, come on, come on.

Comment provided May 23, 2005 at 7:36 PM

Edward writes:

Sure Lance. My name is Edward Weiss. I write articles on New Age piano playing of which I do consider myself an expert (after teaching it for 14 years).

I have 45 articles on this site – all on the topic of New Age piano playing. Lance, it certainly seems that I’ve hit a hot spot with you. Your response indicates such and since it’s obvious you really did not understand my comments, let me pose this hypothetical to you.

Suppose I have a malignant melanoma (skin cancer). I find an article on EzineArticles.com written by an “expert author” on this very topic.

In fact, the article is written by an M.D. Now, suppose I see another article on the same subject written by John Smith. Which article do you think I’m going to read and pay attention to?

I’m only implying that the term “expert” be given credence. If you’re another Issac Asimov, great. If not, then that’s another thing.

Lance, I could spend 5 hours a day banging out articles about this and that. I don’t. Why? Because I don’t consider myself an expert on everything in the universe. Please do read my articles on New Age piano playing and improvisation and if I ever need advice on the car washing business, I’ll be sure to read your articles on the subject.

Edward Weiss

Comment provided May 24, 2005 at 12:21 AM

Edward, you cloaked your name previously and took pot shots. Your family name is in my family tree; we are related most likely. Interesting as your are actually condemning a part of yourself with your comments.

If you had malignant melanoma (skin cancer) and you said something negative about me, question my motivations, character, abilities or experiences without ever meeting me and in my travels around the world and across the nation, I learned of a cure that really worked; what are your chances I would give you that cure? Remember I am a nice guy, but are you wiling to bet your life that I would give you that cure if you were in the late stages of such a serious issue? I wouldn’t bet on it, the world is full of those individuals, which impede our efforts in our period to reach our goals for freedom and democracy in the World, thru their negative comments. It is easy to say; ‚¬“go die.‚¬ We need to cut out the negative comments and cancer in our society anyway.

Incidentally I have met some people and they have some really great alternative cures for cancer and have cured it, they now join the millions of cancer survivors in this country. If you had skin cancer and you only read the M.D. article then in fact you are limiting yourself and denying a second opinion and a possible cure. That is linear thought and that is the most dangerous problem of humankind and potentially a disastrous way to run your life or for us as a whole. It is an ill-logical methodology, which has brought us to the current period, which quite frankly is not all that impressive considering our species brain capacity. Putting your trust in the hands of a doctor or lawyer is problematic from my experience of the human endeavor.

Issac Asimov and Arthur C Clarke are two of my favorite authors and I have read all their short stories and books that I could find. Keeping up with the Foundation Series in not that tough. I will not belittle your music efforts, there are enough children calling other kids Band Fags in HS. Do you figure that gives someone the right later in life to condemn the over achievers of tomorrow?

Five hours a day indeed, you cannot be serious? Five hours a day? Try 100 hours a week for eight straight weeks going thru some 20 years of material, I am about one-third done, with the easiest stuff which was in digital form? I have ten thousand page of hand written notes, before computers hit the scene, I am not even sure what is in it all, but I am glad I saved it. I am retired and turned 40-years old; I have some free time indeed. I am sorry you do not consider yourself worthy or an expert in anything, but; ‚¬“If you believe that you are right!‚¬ So I cannot argue with your logic.

You know Edward; you don’t get it. You negated everything I am about, with your previous comments. If this is done to all those who work hard in noble efforts to further the whole; what makes you think they (we) are going to keep providing for all of us? You did not attack just me with your comments; you attacked everyone who goes beyond what is expected exceeding the limits set by those who will not join us in the forward progression and future of mankind. Think about it.

Comment provided May 24, 2005 at 7:18 AM

Dina Giolitto writes:

Hi, I’m going to make a little anticlimactic peep from over here.

I’m glad for articles that are NOT written by world reknown experts, as I enjoy hearing an alternate opinion as a way to help me form my opinions.

If I had a maglignant melanoma, I’d want as many opinions as possible on what my options were. I’d read what the doctor had to say about traditional treatment, and I’d also read up on what the witch doctor and the quack had to say about it, too.

People who are regarded as long-term experts are very guarded in their speech. The public is pretty brainwashed, and their opinions are usually formed because they heard something over and over so they believe it’s true.

I am grateful to read the opinions and ideas of the mavericks and unconventionals of the world, who may not be critically acclaimed but can prove themselves intelligent by their logic and sense alone. These are the people who initiate progressive change in our world, and the internet is a fine place for such folks to unleash their genius and enlighten us all.

Remember when we thought the world was flat? At least that’s what all the Experts said, anyway.

Dina Giolitto

Comment provided May 24, 2005 at 8:12 AM

Rick writes:

Lance has a valid point. I have an uncle who was given 3 months to live from lung cancer. This was the ‘Doctors’ expert opinion. Yet he went to my dad, who is NOT a doctor, but knows the cancer field well and offered treatement. To this day, over 5 years later, my uncle is still alive, and no longer has cancer. He choose to listen to one, who had ‘lesser’ status, and tried an unorthodox treatment which worked.

Comment provided May 24, 2005 at 9:13 AM