Wanted to publicly thank Andy Williams for referring new authors to us.
I hope he doesn’t mind, but here is a relevant excerpt from his blog that caught my interest or ego: :)
Think about this as a plan for 2005:
1. Carry out some keyword research.
2. Write a keyword rich article.
3. Include a link to your site in the resource box at the end of the article.
4. Submit to EzineArticles.com
5. When it gets indexed in Google, there is a good chance it will rank highly.
6. You article will get a lot of visitors.
7. Some may publish your article on their site.
8. Others may visit your site by following the link at the end of your article.
9. You get seen as an authority on the subject – branding you as an expert.
10. You get more traffic, more incoming links, more sales.
Try it, and I think you will be surprised by the results.
A handful of folks have questioned why our site ranks so well in the major search engines.
While I don’t know the real answer, my gut feeling is that the high quantity of relevant backlinks that we have received since our site when live in 1999 — quickly separates our site from other newbie article directory sites that pop up and start from scratch.
Some newbie article directories might have an immediate 30,000 back links because they link from other web properties they own, but at the most they might have 2-5 unique backlinks out of those 30,000+. Google and other savvy search engines know this. Do you see this distinction?
In EzineArticles case, we have thousands of unique backlinks from relevant and quality sites… I like to think it has something to do with the good karma site that we are in that we give away and help so many thousands of people for free on a daily basis that we get rewarded with quality links back to our site from thousands of friends.
Ultimately, like most folks, we have very little to ‘no control’ over how fast or where we end up in any of the search engines and we just hope to be a good SEO netcitizen by steering clear of practices that might endanger the value our site brings to over 4,000 unique authors who count on us to deliver value back to them in the form of qualified visitors to their articles and websites.